Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is he in tolerance wd? please tell us what to do here, I am so desperate!

Hi guys

My bf woke again in a complete state confusion, anxiety and heard something again.

As some of you know yesterday he went back to taking dry tablets as the titration seemed to not be suiting him.

The last time we did an actual cut was 18th June, so do we need to cut now or what?

Email from him.........

can't do this anymore, I'm sorry baby, I either need to go back up and stay on them for a while or I don't know :(

Please anyone, what should I do, I feel in a complete state myself, I feel like grabbing people at work begging for help  :'(

Chig x

Sorry Ghig

He suffering so much. I can't tell you what to do. Hope someone with good experience and knowledge will soon tell you what to do.

Take care

:therethere:

Marija

I'm not expecting to settle after 1 day of dry tablets, all I'm asking is to not wake up like this for one morning, that's all, is that too much to ask?

I don't want to have to "get through the morning" I want to be ok, I want to live normally, I want to feel normal, I want to not feel anxious anymore, I want to not feel like ending it all

IT IS TOO MUCH FOR ME!

Chig ... I said those things to myself a million times and just kept right on going.  When I couldn't stand it anymore know what I did?  I stood it some more.

Thanks both,

I am just so worried that we are leaving it too long, like how long now do we leave it foe him to settle back onto dry tablets  :-\

Chig x

chiggy,

I hope you are doing well.  Im starting to think it his anxiety chig.  the WD anxiety can be very very powerful.  He knows he is cutting now and is getting some unpleasent feelings/sensations and I think subconsciously his anxiety is making him freak out. He is going to feel bad while tapering. Most of us do. He's got to come to terms with this.  He is still functioning, still able to get on the computer and email, still able to express himself..So I really really think the anxiety is getting the best of him right now.  I know its done the same thing to me.

Everyone is different. Be prepared that you will need now some time do adjust on dry cut. But as you said maybe he is on tolerance. Anyway it is hard but must get through it. Benzo's w/d is difficult. I just hope that he will find his way to feel more comfortable during taper.

Marija

also chig,  i think it would help him a lot of he got on here and asked us some of the stuff thats concerning him and scaring him..so he could see the sheer number of people saying "yeah ive gone through that also" ...i think it would be reassuring for him. 

you are a GREAT girlfriend helping him like this!

only temporary I know ... but this is no life to live, there must be an easier way through this? we've gone too fast through this taper haven't we, in the early stages I mean? not now because I haven't cut for so long, and now I'm scared to because I'm feeling s*** as it is so what's a cut going to do ... make me feel worse?!

just read the success stories you printed off for me, hopefully I can write one of those myself in the future :)

I know that acceptance is the key, I just need to practice it.

So much negative thoughts and I can understand that. He is so scared. You dont know how will be after next cut. Maybe better. How he feels now doesnt mean that he will feel the same way later. Hang in there.  Marry

good point Marry.  Chiggy let him know sometimes a cut actually makes people feel better.  I know it doesnt make sense. But it's true.  Not all the time, but sometimes that does indeed happen.

But for the time being I wouldnt worry about cutting..since he switched back over to tablets again just now..he needs time to see if he can stablize at his current dose. give him a good week or 2 to see if that will happen

just read the success stories you printed off for me, hopefully I can write one of those myself in the future :)

I know that acceptance is the key, I just need to practice it.

I like success stories. They give me hope. Glad he feels little better.  :smitten:

[16...]
But for the time being I wouldnt worry about cutting..since he switched back over to tablets again just now..he needs time to see if he can stablize at his current dose. give him a good week or 2 to see if that will happen

I agree