Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Pregnant, tolerance withdrawal, symptoms

Hello group! Havent posted in a while. Thought I would update everyone on my condition as well as just as for your support yes. I really need it now!!!!!

I'm now 31 weeks pregnant. Doctors kept me on the 4 mgs a day of klonopin. I tried a while back to wean myself by going down half a mg a week but that didnt last 5 days before I was in the ER with an extremely high blood pressure, heart rate and all the terror!!!!! They told me that it would be more harmful for me and my daughter for me to wean before I have her. That I could put myself in preterm labor. They already think its the reason my cervix became too thin when they had to put a stitch in it. I was trying to wean myself then against their wishes at mental health and my OBGYN's office. So I gave up on that. Its important for you know that this was not a planned pregnancy! I was on the depo shot and got it regularly. It didnt work. But I wouldnt do this to my child if I had a choice! I thought about other choices in the beginning but thought I could withdrawal fine. I never tried before.

Anyway, I'm starting to have serious withdrawal now!!!!! My heart rate and blood pressure are on the rise day by day. My dr says its to be expected during pregnancy but I can TELL its tolerance withdrawal! I'm SOOOOO nervous!!!!! Oh no, terrified is the world!!!! Everyday I feel like I either just swallowed my heart or I'm about to throw it up or both! I'm always out of breath feeling and EXTREMELY FATIUGED!!!!!!!!! I am so tierd that I cant stand for more than 5 minutes seriously!!!!!! Yesterday I was so convinced I was going to die that I thought about writing out my will! And this is just tolerance withdrawal! I dont know if its also maybe bc the placenta is getting a lot of my klonopin too? But this is a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just looking for anyone that can relate to me in ANYway???

Thanks!! xx

Between worlds, I just read ur post. My heart goes out to u and your baby.  I will keep you both in prayer.  As for your symptoms, I too was feeling like that where I couldn't stand more than five minutes, extremely fatigued.  I was crying a lot too and remember manyndays where I just thought I wasn't go to make it.  I'm now down to .125 and trying to stabilize. Be careful esp for baby. Maybe you can get counseling to help you walk through this.  I know it's scary.  But there is light at the end of this tunnel.

Thanks Lookingahead!! It means a lot to have support right now!!!!! Its hard bc so many dont know what we are dealing with. Especially the ones we live with! I keep my head up as much as I can but its hard at times! Anyway, thanks!