Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Help

[jw...]

Hi ALL, I am fortunate to find benzobuddies. I believe I will have the support needed in order for me to get off benzo.  Currently taking .25 xanax 4 times daily and parachuting 1mg lorazepam for sleep for the past 6 month. :idiot: I am waking up every morning feeling more tired than the day before. I have been getting violent shakes and aches throughout my body and no motivation to do anything.  I am thinking of titration method and just order the necessary material of ebay...I am currently out of country visiting my grandma and plan to get off benzo when I return home next week.

Hi jwunltd86, welcome to BenzoBuddies :)

Do you have a willing doctor to help you wean from your benzo? We can offer you support and help you along the way. It's probably best to get medically checked out to rule out any problems but what you describe can be benzo related too. I hope you're feeling better soon. Please ask any questions you have, we're here for you.

Star 

Star 104, I am currently getting my benzo from a different doctor overseas. Today I finally got my prescription fill.  I was prescribe 60mg of xanax and 90mg of lorazepam. I was wondering if it is recommended to taper of both benzo at the same time?

Hello Jwunltd86 and welcoming you to BB! I agree that it is best to taper one drug at a time. I would probably taper the Xanax first, then the Ativan.  Please let us know how we can continue to help, hang in there.

Hey Jwunltd86,

Welcome to BB! Congratulations on deciding that you want your life back. We're all here to help you with any questions or concerns you have regarding your taper. Please, feel free to ask any questions. You'll soon be on your way to healing  :) 

Thank you all for such uplifting welcome during my journey into benzo recovery.  I am wondering  If I should titration off 1mg xanax and drop 2ml everyday till i get down to .50mg than drop 1ml thereafter. Will this process be too risky since xanax has a short half life?  Can I taper off ativan at the same time because I only use it for sleep.

Your titration schedule sounds fine to me, and, of course, you can always slow it down if you need too.

With regards to the Ativan, personally I would tackle one benzo at a time.  If I were you, I would taper off of the Xanax first and then, when you are feeling up to it, begin your Ativan taper.  Eliminating two benzos at once would not be a good idea in my books.

Your titration schedule sounds fine to me, and, of course, you can always slow it down if you need too.

With regards to the Ativan, personally I would tackle one benzo at a time.  If I were you, I would taper off of the Xanax first and then, when you are feeling up to it, begin your Ativan taper.  Eliminating two benzos at once would not be a good idea in my books.

I would agree with Bev.  If worse comes to worse, you might want to increase the Ativan to help with the Xanax withdrawals, and then you can taper from just the Ativan alone.  Normally, we do NOT suggest an increase in benzos, but yours is a unique situation.  If taking a tiny bit more Ativan to help with your taper from Xanax helps, then you can eventually taper from just the Ativan alone, and I think it wil lbe much easier for you.

We are here to help you, so let us know if you have questions.  If you need suggestions for a taper schedule, please start a thread here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=56.0