Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Shylight, L123, Default and Firefly

I wanted to make sure you all knew how appreciated your replies were- to my PTSD post. It helped immensely to hear there was a BB or two who have tried this before. And even one that had done the cymbalta route as well- which was exactly what I did. Did any of you start feeling this stuff even before you tapered?

I can relate to the climbing stairs to get past the restlessness. I got off work and ended up mowing the entire(large) lawn, just to not be still.

I wave between fierce determination and irrational hysteria. Try to keep the hysteria under wraps, but oh- theres moments when I doubt my ability to just get up and start the day. But my choices have been narrowed to: get off and face withdrawal, or stay on and face tolerance withdrawal. Either way I'm anxious. Hoping someday to be just anxious and not withdrawing...maybe even some moments of peace. I used to have them before tolerance, before benzo..I know its out there.

Ok- so thank you all.

I guess there is one other question: Has anyone gelt a sort of agoraphobia creep in? I am out everyday at work, showing art at exhibits, driving around, errands etc., but feel this slightly freaked out feeling anticipating going places now, and uneasy out there. Anybody relate to that and get past it?

best,

Susan

Yeah, ive felt it. I think you have to just go through it (la-de-da-de-da) like everythings ok (Because it is!) until it passes. ;)

Hi Susan,

I had agoraphobia the first two months after detox.  I had never dealt with anything like that prior to coming off this drug.  Very odd.  It's just the irrational fear this benzo withdrawal causes unfortunately.  It faded completely over time.  I no longer have any fear or anxiety when I am away from home.

• 1 month later...