Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Major surgery while in wd! Need info!

I just found out that I have to have a hysterectomy soon.  There is no way I can put this off.  I have been to the ER three times already because of this and I'm in contant pain that even 3 loritabs wont touch. 

My uterus is extremely inflammed and swollen to the size of a 6 month pregnancy.  This not wd related although the docs don't know why it is happening.  I don't have an infection, just tons of inflammation.  With the ablation (where they scar the enterlining of the uterus)  I had earlier, the stretching of my scarred uterus is killer.  I can feel it ripping. 

I need to connect with some hyster sisters to see how much down time I am going to experience and how much pain is involved.  Then what about HRT? 

Needless to say I am scared.  I'm 18 months off now from my ct and so worried about this setting me back.

Believe,

I had a laproscopic hysterectomy and it was only a few days that I was in pain. 3-4 days tops. There is also a great website I used while I was awaiting my surgery... Hystersisters.com or .org, I don't remember but it had lots of great comments and answers to a lot of information. I know the feeling of being anxious...shucks I was scared to death... I was only 40 when mine happened. I had endometrios, and fibroids. I have not been on any medications dealing with my surgery except for calcium that i take in multivitamin form...any other questions just ask...hope this helped.

Good Luck,

Mary

Msry9921

I would make sure an ask that no benzos in the anesthesia be used, especially "Versed"...I know someone who was off benzos and healed and she had a colonoscopy done w/versed and it set her back 2 months! There are other choices...be sure and ask if your nervous about it.

Believe, i had an ablation which didn't work in the past and  a giant sis in my right ovary.  First surgeon wanted to perform total hysterectomy.  I too was scared re the operation but also I dint want to slam into menopause.  I did research and talked to other woman and went for s second opinion to a dr that specializes in minimally invasive gyn surgery.  He listened and took out the bad ovary and my uterus. I left the other ovary because I heard that ovaries still produce needed hormones after menopause and I didn't want to take gets.  I was only out 3weeks and feel so much better.  The pms is gone.  It was horrible.  I think I had pmsd.  But, that was in Jan before I knew I became tolerant of klonipan.  So, you should research or talk with the dr administering the anesthesia. We are here for you.  It will work out.