Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Nice to know I’m not in withdrawal

Went to my p/doctor yesterday we talked all of 10-15 min. He took my pulse felt my arm and said "well your not in withdrawal and I would not expect you to be since you are tapering so slow" I've been cutting .25mg/Mo. I told him on my last visit about tinnitus and insomnia he thought I should have my hearing checked. But I do have to give him some props as he has been very supportive of my wanting to get off this drug from hell at first he was reluctant but I can be very bull headed so after I told him I was getting off this drug oneway or another he got on board with idea. I'm presently at 1mg/day, .25am & .75pm on my way to 0. I still listen to loud rock blues I can't hear the ringing, until the music stops. I am in withdrawal but manageing. :thumbsup:

Welcome Brother

Its time to buckle down as I am sure you know! Glad the music helps, anything that helps is great!

Welcome and if you have any questions or need support, we are here for you.

Welcome to BB HotChops,

Just wanted to let you know, I had my hearing checked several years ago because of my tinnitus, and my hearing was near perfect. It's just that weird benzo noise. Most say that there's goes away or the volume goes down, after they recover. Glad you're hear. Oops, I mean here, but I will leave it.  :)

Thanks LP & Nicolette this site has been a great find for me just knowing I'm not alone in this struggle has already lifted me and given me hope. And it is also my prayer that you both are doing well in your recovery and healing.

Ok, this is getting ridiculous!!  every day I see threads where peoples doctors are just sooo clueless!!  these doctors are HURTING people by failing to recognize the withdrawal.  I'm soo tired of seeing this.  There has got to be some way all of us can band together and prove this exists.  I am soo sad for the people who never find a website like this that are told they are not in WD, and its them.  I wonder how many ppl have put themselves in the hospital thinking they are going crazy, or worse, and took matters in thier own hands to end their suffering. 

I am glad you are here hotchops.  you are doing fantastic and you are WINNING this fight.  Keep up the good work, and once you are done you hopefully can dump the quack pdoc!

[75...]
Ok, this is getting ridiculous!!  every day I see threads where peoples doctors are just sooo clueless!!

That's the truth.

Hey, but think once off the Benzo, you can toss the doctor off the cliff :) Meaning, "Get rid of him!"

My husband heard on the radio a few weeks back about a doctor talking about the severity of benzo w/d's.  He was surprised to hear it, knowing I am going thru this and so did a co-worker of his.  Maybe, just maybe, there will start to be some recognition on the hell we are going thru.  I am just happy that this co-worker gave me the pdoc that he went thru, to do his taper.  Never in a million years any of us would have taken that first pill.............

Keep fighting the fight, we will get there

Renee

I don’t know Mark maybe the F.D.A? Our legislative body! :laugh: At some point someone will have to listen, until then we continue on with each other to lean on and that in itself is a great thing.  Sigma I plan on dropping him like a hot potato. Renee thanks for the information we can only hope and pray.

Hey Hotchops!  Welcome! Keep up the good work of knowing you're in withdrawl because most Doc's just don't know!  I agree with Mark-  ignorant Doctors pushing poison! We can do something about this !  We have to! Just don't know how!    Rock & Roll!!!!    Scott

the quacks do take an oat of "do no harm" when they become doctors. But they are doing just the opposite by yanking people off of these meds w/o tapering, tapering to fast, telling us its not WD.  Ya know?

Cipro got a black label warning because of all the crap it was causing along with the other FQ's. So why wont they listen about all the problems these benzo's are causing?  it just doesn't make sense to me.  Maybe big pharma is paying $$ so this stays quiet and they can continue to have doctors push their product to us innocent people.  makes me sick!

sorry for thread-jacking your thread hot :(  I'll shut it up

Right on Mark any time there is that kind of money involved and with so many people who are addicted to this awful stuff and know it, think of all those who do not have a clue that they are even addicted yet. They just keep prescribing more and more. It blows me away that these doctors spend so much$$ on school. I do believe these folks are intelligent! But at the same time so stupid to the fact that they are creating so much turmoil in the very people they think they are helping. Then when an informed intelligent non doctor tells them about this drug and the problems that they cause, their opinions are dismissed as an idiot who knows nothing about how they feel. You can vent anytime Mark.

Hotchops,

I read a thread a while back where someone posted a website that suggested you take an electric toothbrush and hold the backside (not the bristle side) to your skin near your ear.  I have been starting to have tinnitus since hitting month 5 pretty bad, so I gave it a shot.  I totally works for me.  I couldn't remember the exact place to put the head so I just experimented around.  For me if I hold it against my skin just in front of the front part of my ear lobe for a few seconds, the tinnitus goes away.

I now keep the toothbrush on my night stand while I sleep as well in case I wake up during the night and have trouble falling back to sleep due to the ringing.

Hope this helps you!

Hotchops,

Sorry to hear allopathic denial is affecting you too:( I agree with others that the ringing will subside. I have dealt with tinnitus from Klon, and got a perfect bill of hearing health from an audiologist. She was amazed at how great my hearing was in spite of this ringing crap! This symptom wasn't with me on my latest run on benzos, but I remember how horrible it was. I thought it was the sound of my brain fizzling out. This symptom all but vanished, and the ringing was very intrusive to relaxation, sleep, etc. It will pass! :thumbsup:

Hotchops,

I read a thread a while back where someone posted a website that suggested you take an electric toothbrush and hold the backside (not the bristle side) to your skin near your ear.  I have been starting to have tinnitus since hitting month 5 pretty bad, so I gave it a shot.  I totally works for me.  I couldn't remember the exact place to put the head so I just experimented around.  For me if I hold it against my skin just in front of the front part of my ear lobe for a few seconds, the tinnitus goes away.

I now keep the toothbrush on my night stand while I sleep as well in case I wake up during the night and have trouble falling back to sleep due to the ringing.

Hope this helps you!

hey pers :)

That was me that started that thread a while back..Im glad it helps you.  I know linder was trying it with no luck.  It helps me a lot as well.

take care!

My humble thanks to all who have replied to this post so far some real good, supportive advice/ideas please keep them coming. I have had ear ringing off and on a long time pre-benzo but now it is constant sometimes it briefly changes pitch. I will try the electric toothbrush idea. I can see the (?) Over my wife's head as I write this. Again thank to all of you.

Hotchops,

Hope this helps you!

That was me that started that thread a while back..Im glad it helps you.  I know linder was trying it with no luck.  It helps me a lot as well.

take care!

I was wondering who to thank---THANKS Mark!!

Hotchops,

Hope this helps you!

take care!

I was wondering who to thank---THANKS Mark!!

you are very welcome :)  I'm glad it is helping people.  I know when I first heard it, I was like "whaaaa, no way that will work" haha and well, it does..very weird :)

take care

hot, its different for everyone I think...but for me , you know that little flap of cartilage that you can push in and plug up your ear with it? kinda right in the middle of the outside of the ear on the face side....(if that made sense)  well I would put the toothbrush on my face right infront of that peice of catilage.  once i turn it on I can feel a little tickle deep down in my ear..thats when I know I hit the spot. I will hold it there for 45 seconds or so