Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

how far in advance can you make water titration

[ca...]

my mom makes the titration water for ativan at night (for dad to take in the morning).  can she leave it out on the counter over night once she makes it at night or does she have to refrigerate it. (dad doesn't like the cold water in the morning to drink, once he takes out of the refrigerator)

also, can she water titrate the ativan and also pexeva a few days in advance (how long can it hold up in the refrigerator?  thank you

• 1 year later...

I am tapering Klonopin, but I leave it in the refrigerator overnight and take it in the morning.  I probably wouldn't make more than 3 days worth ahead of time, but perhaps some others can chime in here and give their opinions.

I usually have two bottles with Klonopin solution in them in the refrigerator.  One is for tomorrow and the other is for the next day.  (I just like to plan ahead).

At any rate, I hope this helps.

fg

I used to use milk (Rice milk, that is), but I have found that Klonopin dissolves well in water, so I am using filtered water now.  Other benzos, I have heard (like Valium) dissolve better in milk.  I have seen members here use almond milk, regular milk and coconut milk instead of water.

Hope this helps.

fg

Sorry, let out a pertinent detail. I plan to use water instead of milk (it's xanax). Does it really matter whether I let it dissolve in the fridge? Is there something about keeping it cool that makes any difference?

Sorry, let out a pertinent detail. I plan to use water instead of milk (it's xanax). Does it really matter whether I let it dissolve in the fridge? Is there something about keeping it cool that makes any difference?

I'm not sure how well Xanax dissolves in water, but I always keep my Klonopin water refrigerated just so that it doesn't lose its potency, etc.

fg

Does the benzo (eg valium) lose any of its potency if left suspended in milk in the fridge for a few days?

I haven't tried Valium before, so I don't know how long it lasts.  Perhaps some other members will chime in here and give you some advice.

fg

I use water now and don't refridge at all.  It sits on the shelf a day and a half. I don't think twice about it.

The water dissolves the pill nicely but  it does not suspend well at all. I like the convenience.