Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I Need Some Restful Sleep

[Ap...]

That's because I got my results from my lipid profile and it's not good(LDL). I believe one reason is not I'm getting the right amount of sleep due to the benzo insomnia. This is causing me more anxiety.

@[Ap...]  I'm sorry about the test results.  Benzos can really do a number on any and all of our body systems.  Once you start tapering and then are eventually off, many of these things tend to resolve on their own.  I have had dangerously low levels of Vit. D the whole time I was taking Clonazepam which required huge amounts of supplementation, 10,000 i.u.s a day to keep it in the normal range.  Now that I'm off, I'm finding that I only need about 5,000 I.u.s to keep it there.  I am hoping that the further I get from the C., the better this gets and I won't need the supplement anymore.

That's my long way of saying keep an eye on it, but don't get too worried about it just yet.  What does your doctor have to say about your test results?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, [[A...] said:

That's because I got my results from my lipid profile and it's not good(LDL). I believe one reason is not I'm getting the right amount of sleep due to the benzo insomnia. This is causing me more anxiety.

Benzo w/d should not impact your LDL. Most people can naturally lower LDL  with a whole-food, plant-based diet, provided you are willing to make drastic changes in your diet. I tested this on myself in 2013. I told my doctor I was going to eat a strict whole-food, plant-based diet for 3 months. Then, I told my doctor I wanted to come back in and have my cholesterol levels rechecked. I told my doc I  wanted to do this as an experiment on myself and he said sure, let's try it and see how you do. I have a great PCP btw. My total cholesterol was running under 200. Sometimes, over 200, sometimes in the 180s. I went strictly whole-food, plant-based for 3 solid months with no deviations. I told my doctor I don't think I can eat like this forever but I just want too see how much of an impact a clean, super healthy diet can have on cholesterol levels. The results were astounding. My doc was even astonished. He said I got better results with the diet than he could ever get using cholesterol-lowering medications. The best thing about this is you are treating the root cause and not trying to cover things up with medication while continuing to eat an unhealthy diet.  In fact ppl who lower cholesterol with medications who continue to eat crappy diets still go on to have heart attacks and strokes. You have to change your diet for true cardiovascular protection. Here are my test results from 2013. HTH

image.thumb.png.5a31116c3e752e08dce3e011f895437f.png

Edited by [An...]
grammar correction
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Benzo w/d should not impact your LDL. Most people can naturally lower LDL  with a whole-food, plant-based diet, provided you are willing to make drastic changes in your diet. I tested this on myself in 2013. I told my doctor I was going to eat a strict whole-food, plant-based diet for 3 months. Then, I told my doctor I wanted to come back in and have my cholesterol levels rechecked. I told my doc I  wanted to do this as an experiment on myself and he said sure, let's try it and see how you do. I have a great PCP btw. My total cholesterol was running under 200. Sometimes, over 200, sometimes in the 180s. I went strictly whole-food, plant-based for 3 solid months with no deviations. I told my doctor I don't think I can eat like this forever but I just want too see how much of an impact a clean, super healthy diet can have on cholesterol levels. The results were astounding. My doc was even astonished. He said I got better results with the diet than he could ever get using cholesterol-lowering medications. The best thing about this is you are treating the root cause and not trying to cover things up with medication while continuing to eat an unhealthy diet.  In fact ppl who lower cholesterol with medications who continue to eat crappy diets still go on to have heart attacks and strokes. You have to change your diet for true cardiovascular protection. Here are my test results from 2013. HTH

image.thumb.png.5a31116c3e752e08dce3e011f895437f.png

Wow, @[An...], those are amazing test results.  Your HDL looks good, too.:clap:

On 09/10/2024 at 17:20, [[R...] said:

Wow, @[An...], those are amazing test results.  Your HDL looks good, too.:clap:

Thanks RnR....unfortunately, I did not stick to this diet. I try to eat mostly healthy plant-based, but I do eat a little meat and sometimes, unhealthy carbs. I find it very hard to stick to a strict healthy WFPB diet 100% all the time. I do try to minimize the bad, unhealthy foods in my diet as much as I can.

Soft drinks and candy are my Achilles heel, LOL. I try to drink no more that 2-3 soft drinks per month....same with the candy and cookies, but those foods are super addictive and easy to overeat if you are not careful.😁

Hope you are having a great weekend, my friend.