Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Frustration

[...]

I just need to vent. I am so frustrated with not being a person! Not even being able to find or act like my pre benzo self for five minutes. My family I had to move in with while I'm greatful are condescending dismissive uninterested in learning about it hearing about what I'm going through and I have zero ability to even pretend I'm any shade of normal or functional. I'm having a day where it feels like I will never find myself or be able to repair my life from the damage this has done and I am nothing but isolated and misunderstood. I don't have one friend to call and talk to my older parents aren't my "friends" my therapist does her best but it's not a friend and my children who are 20 & 16 I just feel like a failure to them. It's just SO frustrating!!! I feel trapped and stuck and smothering I'm so sick of it !!! I am in no shape to "go out and make friends" but I'm SO lonely I just hate everything RN I hate this I want this benzo hell to be over and I'm far from done with even tapering I woke up today with heart palpitations, my skin burning, extreme fatigue, feeling flush and I have been feeling stabilized and so much better I made no changes so I maybe it's interdose WD or maybe it was the twisted tea I dare drink with my father trying to be a normal person for 5 min last night ruined my entire day I just want to rush my taper and get it over with but that hasn't worked in the past I feel lost mad sad alone resentful crazy sick of being sick and like I want to scream .. one of those days. Ty for letting me vent here. 

This is the place you can vent and be understood, @[...]. Only those of us going through this ordeal can truly understand. Having family members that are condescending,  dismissive, and uninterested must be so painful to deal with on top of the benzo withdrawal symptoms. Hang in there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[C...] said:

This is the place you can vent and be understood, @[...]. Only those of us going through this ordeal can truly understand. Having family members that are condescending,  dismissive, and uninterested must be so painful to deal with on top of the benzo withdrawal symptoms. Hang in there. 

Thank you 🌻

I totally understand and everybody on here can understand where you are coming from. It’s definitely ok to vent. I’m just reading post out of frustration and looking for common experiences. It’s the only thing that helps. I’m a million times better as I only have a burning chest every night and morning. But I’m still not normal by any means or live a normal life. You’ll get better and we’re in this together. God bless.