Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

You WILL heal

[An...]

I am adding a quote from an ex-benzo user which I found very helpful during my recovery and it is true!  I hope this helps you as much as it helped me:

'Now for the good news. This past November I took my last dose of Valium. I am now completely free of anxiety, and I am having a hard time even remembering what it was like. Of course, I never will forget completely, and I now have an immense measure of empathy for anyone going through it, but it seems like a bad dream now. I have traveled twice since getting off the Valium, and am visiting friends in Dallas next week. I feel like I can do anything now, and am making plans to do things I wouldn't have dared attempt just a few months ago.

I didn't share this to gloat about my good fortune. I shared it because I wanted all of you going through hell right now to know that there is hope! As bad as it once was for me, and as many times as I considered throwing in the towel and ending it all, it's now hard to believe that things were ever that bad. Please, please... every time you have a negative thought, or are in a bad place, just remember that things WILL get better. It is very hard to believe at times, because you feel so bad that you forget what feeling good is like. But when you come out the other side, the exact opposite is true. It took me FIVE YEARS to ween myself off of benzos, but it did happen, and I am sure the experience has made me a stronger and more sympathetic person. You can all do it too, and you will. Just don't forget that when you're feeling like it is impossible.'

Hi Sigma

Before I found BB I was desperate for affirmation of my situation and searched the net using all kinds of keywords.  When I came across something positive I copied and pasted to my notebook. They are all genuine and have helped me a lot. I guess if you google a string of words from that message the original source will show up.

Glad you liked it too.

Oh I get it!  That's probably because I access and send posts via my Blackberry phone.  I am now actually on my laptop!

[70...]

Oh I get it!  That's probably because I access and send posts via my Blackberry phone.  I am now actually on my laptop!

I may just start using my phone.

:)

This was great!  Thank you so much for the reminder that I needed tonight that we do heal.  I truly needed to read a post like this. :)

Take care,

Schatje

Thanks for that post - I like you idea about googling these "good" stories, articles and copying them and pasting them in a book ---- now I know what I can do while I'm just holding on minute by minute.....

Hoping2BFree

• 5 weeks later...

Angel... :)

Thats awsome that you found this.

I think its the most important to hear for all who are suffering!

I could have def used this for hope when I was in the center of it!!!

:smitten:~Jenny

Hi S#!!!!!! :)

I read it somewhere.

Thanks for sharing it.

Angel i am so happy for you.. I truly mean that... I hope this happens to all of us here.... I am grateful to meet you... Hope you are well and hope to hear from you again.. All the best to you in life

Mishi