Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Body aches

[ih...]

Does anyone else have whole body aches and bad back ache? Is there anything I can do to stop it

I have been having these issues from time to time since tapering but, unfortunately, don't know how to relieve it. For me, it never lasted too long. What kind of aching: muscle spasms, burning, pins,  creeps or anything else and how much/ often do you feel it, @[ih...]? How far are you in the withdrawal? 

I purchased one of those foam rollers from Amazon after my psychologist suggested it to me after one of our sessions. It is no panacea, but it does help to alleviate some of the muscle tension discomfort....just something to consider.

It appears you have gotten off benzos. How long have you been off? How long were you on and what problem did you start taking them for? What benzo?

3 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I purchased one of those foam rollers from Amazon after my psychologist suggested it to me after one of our sessions. It is no panacea, but it does help to alleviate some of the muscle tension discomfort....just something to consider.

It appears you have gotten off benzos. How long have you been off? How long were you on and what problem did you start taking them for? What benzo?

I'm currently on 20mg diazepam and go down 2mg every 14 days, I have one of those and it was a life saver when I wasn't withdrawing they really are brilliant but since withdrawing it seems to exacerbate the middle to lower back pain, all the best mate wishing you a smooth taper as possible 

• Like 1

Thanks @[ih...]. Once you reach 5 mgs, you may want to slow things down a bit more. Have you got scored 5 or 2 MG Valium tablets? Describe your tapering method. I know you said you are decreasing in 2 MG increments every 14 days.

Have a great weekend my friend?

18 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I'm currently on 20mg of diazepam which goes down 2mg every 14 days, I dont really know how to describe it other than it feels like all my joints hurt and I have an old rotator cuff injury that seems to get worse with it, I bought one of those microwaveable heat pouch thingys, and I sit with it on my lower back and it does really help me and ibuprofen, it typically lasts a few days to 5 days and then I'm OK so I know it's benzo flu and not real flu, thank you for your reply I hope your taper is going as smoothly as we can wish for 

It also sound familiar but i never tried to help it. May be the extent of the ache i have less than yours but i guess its nature is similar. I also observed and noticed by my own experience that all the body pain and other issues including old injuries/ traumas can feel much-much worse during the withdrawal but usually get back to what it used to be over time. I'm glad you have smth that helps you with the aches.

Thank you for clarification and kind words. My taper is already over and i'm incredibly happy about it. Wish you smooth tapering too and NO pain or ache!

• Like 1