Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I Have Health Anxiety

[Ap...]

Ever since my tolerance withdrawal kicked in I get health anxiety due to the insomnia. I get worried that since I'm not getting restful sleep the insomnia is doing negative effects to my body. I do exercise and eat right but this is lingering in me like crazy.

Insomnia is rough, if we could only sleep, it feels like the healing would happen much faster but the thing is, we don't sleep and we still recover!  The human body is a miracle and its designed to survive and it will.  It sounds like you're doing everything you can to be healthy so even if you can't sleep, just make sure you allow time for rest, that helps too and sometimes we manage to get some sleep, even if we're not aware of it.

Oh and health anxiety while going through this, its a thing and we all have it, along with hundreds of other symptoms and worries.  You're in good company. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 03/10/2024 at 06:21, [[A...] said:

Ever since my tolerance withdrawal kicked in I get health anxiety due to the insomnia. I get worried that since I'm not getting restful sleep the insomnia is doing negative effects to my body. I do exercise and eat right but this is lingering in me like crazy.

Hey @[Ap...] something that some people will say not to track, is one thing i found helpful in my acute stage when my insomnia was really bad. I was wearing a Whoop Fitness Tracker and Oura Ring Fitness tracker (was randomly testing them both at the gym before WD kicked in. 

Some days i would have what I thought was the very worst nights sleep and both trackers would show at least some hours or minutes and importantly minutes or hours in REM / SWS sleep. 

So my benzo brain telling me i have to call in sick at work again, or not do anything as I have had no sleep, convincing myself otherwise either science and stats

It does unfortunately work the other way too I've had nights where I felt I slept great but then my tracker would show different for my insomnia - overall I found it to be beneficial to arguing against my benzo brain.  

ReM / SWS is the healing stages of sleep.

Edited by [Ab...]
  • Like 1

I also suffer from health anxiety prior to WD and its a millions times worse in WD. Every little slight physical sensation sends my brain into panic over what is wrong in my body. I have been seeing a therapist to try and work through this. 

• Like 1