Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Depression, just venting

[...]

Recent manufacturer changes due to the K shortage has got me in a funk. Months ago I was on Teva, then they couldn't get it so it was Aurobindo, then they gave me Avadgen Pharma. The transition to Aurobindo wasn't too bad, but Avadgen Pharma was really messing with me. Their pills are a different weight than everyone else's (~160mg vs. ~170mg) and had to sort that out in my taper. I was able to get the doc to give me another Rx saying that I needed Teva or Aurobindo, and a kind pharmacist worked with me and I ended up with Teva again (Teva USA, actually, is it the same)? Now after a few days my main side-effect is depression for part of the day; like a rock-hard lump in that sits in my chest. I know it will pass eventually but I won't deny the frustration and  angst of being at the mercy of drug manufacturers  half-way around the world and their production or supply-chain problems. Just have to keep my head down and focus on the taper. Should be off by mid 2025. Thanks to anyone for reading.

I can understand how frustrating it must be when you’re doing everything in your power to manage your taper and then you have to contend with this. I’m also sorry you have to struggle with the depression. I had it on/off while tapering but it pretty much disappeared during recovery. I know it’s tough right now but soon enough you’ll be off and then none of this will matter anymore. Then you’ll have full control again when you’re not reliant on these stupid pills. 

• Like 2

Hey @[...],  Oh, how I hated the merry-go-round of drug manufacturers!  It was my main motivation to get of the Klonopin.  I feel for you. 

Like @[je...] said, the day is coming when you won't have to deal with this anymore and that is a great thing.  Hang in there, my friend.

• Like 2

Being beholden to doctors and drug companies was a very big motivator for me to quit too.

I can testify to the fact that the pills are different. I remember getting sick when they gave me a brand other than teva.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I encountered a very thoughtful pharmacist and after calling my doctor was able to get my prescription replaced with Teva, which was very lucky because their supply was low. Feeling more together now, though I will have to deal with this again when its time to refill. I'm going to be more proactive to see what nearby pharmacies have in stock before my doctor sends out the Rx.

• Like 1