Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Getting off Ativan???

Here is my question. I have been using ativan for about 3 months. I only have been taking like 1mg. the first week of using it. Then I would not take any for a couple of days, then I would take a half in the morning and half at nite. Well this has been going on for the last 3 months, ok?  I feel horrible, burning, muscle tension in my shoulders and burning, tingling in my legs and arms, and teeth sensitivity, has anyone else felt like there teeth hurt really bad? Head pressure, bad, upper arms feel like there is a vise around them.

My doctor put me on this ativan to come off lortab w/ds. He has only made my life a living Hell, by doing this. Anyone had the teeth sensitivity. I dont know to just quit taking the ativan and c/t or  what???  Any advice on any of this would be most helpful

You went from the frying pan into the fire didn't you?  I'm sorry you're suffering so much, are you up for tapering from it so you can feel better?

Yes, i sure did go from the frying pan into the fire. Yes, I would be up for tapering, just dont know how to do it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

If you have only been taking the ativan intermittently and not on a regular basis, you could probably just not take it again.  However, if you take it more often than not, you might do better tapering.