Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Like most looking for Benzo withdrawal relief

[Da...]

I’m sure if there was a magic pill to help with withdrawal symptoms ..there would not be this forum .. can someone give me any type of solutions to help with withdrawal symptoms please .. CBD/THC maybe .. the heart throbbing sensations through the night is getting the best of me ..and palpitations a lot during the day  is scary 🥺

Thank you 

• Like 1

@[Da...], welcome to BenzoBuddies! So good you've found us and so sorry for you going through this ordeal too.

Yes... a magic pill could be a solution but then... We'd also have to taper off of it.

Unfortunately i don't know any remedies to help with the withdrawal perceivably, i usually try to wait it all out but hope there are folks here who will. Good luck!

Please, could you share with us some details of your benzo history? What, how long, how you quit, etc? It would help us understand your situation and support you better. 

• Like 2

How far along are you off meds? I keep thinking I’m in the clear and so close to healthy but I think I am having the same sensations in my heart and chest as you. It’s so unnerving. Sitting up seems to help a little. I don’t want to call the doctor because like all the other stuff I’ve dealt with it has gone away. But this will not!!!

@[Da...] maybe if you went to your doc and got checked out, your anxiety about your heart would diminish? I had to do that and was greatly reassured. There was nothing wrong. At one time, I had a TON of irregular beats, but that all cleared up. Whew. It was scary. Just a thought. :classic_smile:

Katz

• Like 1

Unfortunately the only way out of this is through.  There is no such thing as a magic pill we have to overcome this challenge using our own strength. Always remember your body has everything it needs to overcome this. This is not permanent it is temporary. The only real healer in this is time. Your symptoms will lessen and eventually fade away with time. That’s why I would highly recommend to NOT take anything, no CBD/THC that you mentioned because it will interfere with the process of your body finding its homeostasis. 

I will list some coping strategies that helped me greatly during withdrawal: 

• positive affirmations. I used a journal to write them down so I could always reread them when needed. I also had an app on my phone that sent positive reminders throughout the day. 
  • repeating short mantras in my mind such as “this shall pass” or “this is only temporary”
  • going on daily walks
  • creating a daily routine and sticking to it no matter what 
  • baths or hot showers 
  • cleaning, doing chores around the house anything that would distract me and take my mind off of the symptoms 
  • learning different breathing techniques, YouTube is a good source for that 

Trust the process, it will get better with time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I vape THC and take Baclofen for insomnia. Even so I still don't get enough sleep, but it helps. It's better than at the first 10 months as is common, insomnia takes over. Now, at 8 yrs, I'm getting more sleep gradually. Doesn't do anything for anxiety or depression, other Benzo symptoms. But this is only me, everyone is different.

Edited by [Ca...]
Add disclaimer