Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can I do this? PTSD

Since this is my 3rd attempt at getting klonopin free, it seems harder than the first 2, in which I got to 3wks off, and then two months free before caving. Both those attempts were made because I was feeling better and so thought I didnt need benzos any longer. When I got off and fell apart, it seemed natural that I just needed the stuff to manage. But this time I felt increasing anxiety/ depression and exhausted for a long time while on it- so there didnt seem to be a choice. 

The problem is that I spent last summer fighting the w/d fight- jumping in early July, and it was hellish- so now I'm in a sort of PTSD mode. I am scared to death of where this will take me. I already am very nervous and anxious, just keep jumping from one activity to the next to try and be "okay". Feel like when I slow down and stop I just vibrate with anxiety.

Has anyone been successful after failed attempts? Anyone felt at night this extreme restlessness- this restless body syndrome? Or a feeling during the day of wanting to jump out of your skin? Fight or flight from yourself?

I am trying to stay focused here at work but its hard, and bound to get harder.

Just needing some input- thanks- Susan

I had the restless feeling too, it was like restless leg syndrome but all through the body, oh how I hated that! It finally did go away though. Hang on Susan  :hug:

There is no turning back. Pamster- you've been there since my first go round in late 2009..thanks for your support.

Star- thank you for letting me know that someone else has made it through this supreme antsiness. I am home now but at work it was so hard to just do the task at hand and be level- when inside I was this pot of boiling water ready to spill everywhere...

Wherever this takes me I have to ride it out.

Just wanted to chime in and say hello. I was on the K ride to for 4 years and had fears of coming off because Im a firefighter and have no choice but to work or lose my career so I know all to well the hell of trying to taper and go through withdrawal while trying to work and fight off the temptations of just reinstating. Just take it day by day and look at it from the position that you have no choice but to get off of the klonopin. Go kick its ass this time!!! You got it  :)

Just wanted to say that I definitely understand the whole "wanting to jump out of my skin" feeling, like your whole body just feels raw and anxiety ridden. The constantness (yes I just made a word up lol) of that lasting all day went away around month 3. I still get it when anxiety is high like when I'm in a stressful situation...going for a 15 minute jog really did a lot in alleviating it, if only for just a few hours.

Yeah Star explained it using the same words I have....like restless leg syndrome except all over your body.  I had that and hated it.  There was a point where I literally ran stairs and did jumping jacks because if I sat still I thought I'd explode or something. 

Also, this last time around was my third time getting of benzos.  It was not exactly your situation, but it sounds like because you've been through this before you are now only more determined.  :thumbsup:

Hi Susan! I am on my second go after a long hold. Earlier this year, after I had tapered down to nothing, I got hit so hard with panic and physical symptoms. I didn't have many options at the time and started back on my old dosage not knowing how difficult it would be coming off of that. I thought, "Maybe I can just stay on this and be ok," but it didn't work out. 

I'm right there with you, scared about the withdrawal but knowing that I have to do this. And I will! I have had general anxiety my whole life, but I know these meds are just making it worse. I'm just going day to day, trying to focus on the positive. I think I can do it, and I think you can too.