Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Lightheaded anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has had lightheadedness or feeling like they are going to faint?  I have been feeling like this for the past couple of days.

Yep- comes in waves unconnected to anything.

Good news is I never do. Have to keep reminding yourself that alot of this is a game the mind is playing as it heals, and we will be okay. Good luck and speedy healing to you- Susan

Yep, dizziness and lighteheadedness have been my companions these past 6 weeks. It's getting better every day though.

[2a...]

Heck yeah! Last night I felt all swimmy headed and was so afraid of frainting! I've had weird head feelings for a month now.

Hang in there :)

Thank heavens I'm not alone in this.  Everytime a new symptom rises up I feel like I'm dying.  I know it's benzo brain but it's still scary.

Yes, I've been light-headed and dizzy for a few weeks now. I thought it was allergies, but I've been tapering and having a lot of cog fog too, so it's probably benzo brain.

I am lightheaded a lot and also lose my coordination in general. I actually fell over the other day when it got really intense. I was so embarrassed.

Lightheadness/dizziness are up in my most frequent symptoms for sure.  (Nausea is the other one that doesn't like to go away much.)  Sometimes it seems like the room is spinning and it just won't stop.  I got hit with a particularly bad spell of it right before I had to drive to work yesterday, and it freaked me out!

I was so lightheaded at one point, that I thought I had inhaled helium...went up, and away...straight into the stratosphere. I might get up suddenly; whereupon I had to grab hold of something because I was literally going to fall over from dizziness. And of course walking was always fun when the lightheartedness would start up, coupled with the dizziness and clumsiness...it looked like I was inebriated. So imagine someone walking through a bookstore with a Starbuck's frap in hand, and stumbling about...I told someone who was staring, I had some gin added to the mix.

yes!! I feel like I am tipsy. I feel like I am a boat at sea.  if I get really involved in something I don't notice it as much, but tonight I closed my eyes in the shower, and when I opened them- its all spinning. try to keep reminding myself its benzo brain, but like ajm- it freaks me when I am at work or out and about.

I am not really agoraphobic, but can see how some get that way= having all this stuff going on makes being out trying to carry on feel really weird.