Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

20 weeks off!

[De...]

I am 20 weeks/140 days off!  But who is counting, right?! ;)

Sleep is my last remaining side effect.  It was my first and last symptom.  I went on benzos bc I was so stressed, I wasn't sleeping. 

I have made huge strides, however, still need more time to fully heal.  I do sleep each night, however some nights aren't as great (3am wakings) , which mostly happens around my menstrual cycle.  I also dont fall asleep as quickly I used to, but I'm not going to complain because I do get a full nights sleep the majority with maybe a brief wakening.  I still can't sleep with my hubby since I get anxious about falling asleep when he conks out in 5.  Plus he snore a little, not terrible, but I am still very much a light sleeper, so we sleep in different bedrooms.  We are going out of town this weekend, so we will have to share a room...we shall see how that goes...... :-\

Insomnia has been the worst battle in my life, but I'm slowly winning.

20 weeks, awesome progress!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Like you  I have a husband that can fall asleep within minutes of hitting the pillow...urgh! :-[

Take care,

Lida

Thx for the comments everyone!!

I can only imagine 40 weeks off...sigh...!

Lida, I wish we had a fraction of our husband's sleeping abilities!  Lol. My husband could sleep on a rock outside and still have a great nights sleep....

: :)

My husband could sleep on a rock outside and still have a great nights sleep....

: :)

Mine, too!  ::) Makes me want to just punch him during the night and wake him up when he's snoring like a train!http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/denistephenson/smileys/smiley%20sleep/smiley-sleep014.gif

:laugh:

[8f...]

That's great news Determined. I can't wait to hit 20 weeks...thanks for posting.

BTW - I wear "hearos" blue ear plugs at night to quiet out my husband. They help  ;)