Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Insomnia calender.

[PE...]

8 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Yes the brain remembers the original reason for taking these pills, not always though.  I'm sure you know that getting angry is not going to help with insomnia. How would you help a baby get to sleep, or soothe a cat or a dog that was anxious?  I bet you would do a good job with another creature, you seem like a caring person. So use the same soothing techniques on yourself.  Might feel a bit silly to start with but at this stage one has to try everything to outsmart the persistent side of the anxious brain

Lol yeah I know it's just stupid to get angry but it's my natural reaction..

I will try some soothing self support. Thanks.

15 hours ago, [[P...] said:

but it's my natural reaction

well there is the problem right there!  Joe Dispenza wrote a book about it " Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself" I haven't read it but I get the gist of it, changing our habits basically.  Or alternatively ask yourself what would a Zen Master do?

2 hours ago, [[W...] said:

well there is the problem right there!  Joe Dispenza wrote a book about it " Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself" I haven't read it but I get the gist of it, changing our habits basically.  Or alternatively ask yourself what would a Zen Master do?

😅

I see what you mean.. well I'm not going around and being completely mad all the time. I just have like outbursts of anger and frustration. If I don't let it out i  don't even want to be around myself i think 🫣🤫🤔

By the way I'm homebound since yesterday i hurted my back at the gym. I got mad but didn't break anything.. well my back.

Edited by [PE...]

Boy can i identify with much of what’s being said here about insomnia and all the misery associated with it . Not sleeping is how my anxiety & depression expresses itself. Then the insomnia takes on a life of its own and then I become obsessed with my inability to sleep which causes more anxiety which in turn feeds the insomnia. Some days I get so tired I’m afraid I will die or some days wishing I would in order to stop the pain. 
I’d been doing fairly sleep wise until a month or so ago. Stress!!! Now it’s a nighly struggle again. I regularly take 7.5mg of mirtazapine, melatonin and CBD/cbn and usually fall asleep pretty quickly but then often wake up at 2,3 or 4am and I’m done   Lately it’s gotten more problematic than that  Just getting to sleep is a challenge now. 
my wife and I are supposed to leave in  few days for a 2 day drive to see our kids but I’m thinking of not going  I am sick of being in the house all winter and really want to get away. I’m tired of being here & I want to see my kids, but travel discombobulates me  I often don’t sleep before traveling  I don’t want to be drag on my wife or kids. I think the only way I can make it through is with some pharmaceutical help. I’m not keen on doing that but I don’t want to be stuck at home in the house all alone and not see my kids either  I’m 75 and after all I’ve been through, done and tried, therapy etc I’d hoped  all my sleep anxiety and insomnia days would be long gone by now, but it seems I need just accept that it’s a part of who I am  and I have to deal with it on my own terms- ugghhh!!!

pokey  

On 23/09/2024 at 12:12, [[P...] said:

well I'm not going around and being completely mad all the time

That's a relief to hear !

On 23/09/2024 at 12:12, [[P...] said:

By the way I'm homebound since yesterday i hurted my back at the gym.

Well isn't that interesting, your body doesn't let you sleep and now it doesn't want you going to the gym either! What does it want I wonder?  

1 hour ago, [[W...] said:

That's a relief to hear !

Well isn't that interesting, your body doesn't let you sleep and now it doesn't want you going to the gym either! What does it want I wonder?  

Lol i just got home from gym. I think I stretched out what was wrong yesterday. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/09/2024 at 21:46, [[W...] said:

Do you have an ideal time to go to sleep and wake up?  If you do then just go to bed at that time, regardless of whether you sleep or not and get up at your ideal time. Sooner or later the brain will get the message. Forget about sleeping in the day, waste of time, unless its just a quick nap

I remember naps as a wet dream! Over 2 years i was able to.

I go to bed around 2 am everyday buddy. Mostly just laying there. I give it 2 hours then i go up and have a protein shake. 

On 23/09/2024 at 16:09, [[P...] said:

Boy can i identify with much of what’s being said here about insomnia and all the misery associated with it . Not sleeping is how my anxiety & depression expresses itself. Then the insomnia takes on a life of its own and then I become obsessed with my inability to sleep which causes more anxiety which in turn feeds the insomnia. Some days I get so tired I’m afraid I will die or some days wishing I would in order to stop the pain. 
I’d been doing fairly sleep wise until a month or so ago. Stress!!! Now it’s a nighly struggle again. I regularly take 7.5mg of mirtazapine, melatonin and CBD/cbn and usually fall asleep pretty quickly but then often wake up at 2,3 or 4am and I’m done   Lately it’s gotten more problematic than that  Just getting to sleep is a challenge now. 
my wife and I are supposed to leave in  few days for a 2 day drive to see our kids but I’m thinking of not going  I am sick of being in the house all winter and really want to get away. I’m tired of being here & I want to see my kids, but travel discombobulates me  I often don’t sleep before traveling  I don’t want to be drag on my wife or kids. I think the only way I can make it through is with some pharmaceutical help. I’m not keen on doing that but I don’t want to be stuck at home in the house all alone and not see my kids either  I’m 75 and after all I’ve been through, done and tried, therapy etc I’d hoped  all my sleep anxiety and insomnia days would be long gone by now, but it seems I need just accept that it’s a part of who I am  and I have to deal with it on my own terms- ugghhh!!!

pokey  

Sleep will come back for both of us I'm sure!

I been having insomnia my whole adult life but in waves! Now it's always. Almost..

I always had trouble falling asleep but no problem staying asleep. Like for you it's now both..

Take care buddy!

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

I give it 2 hours then i go up and have a protein shake. 

Funny you having protein in the middle of the night. We were taught to have carbs, like a honey sandwich or a glass of milk if we couldn't sleep, never protein!

15 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Funny you having protein in the middle of the night. We were taught to have carbs, like a honey sandwich or a glass of milk if we couldn't sleep, never protein!

Yeah I have proteins all day long.. I changed my eating habits/diet in april. I eat fresh veggies and meat in any form. Like 80% protein and rest is veggies. 

And fruits sometimes. Seeds/nuts and oat meal no free sugar or stuff that contains it. 

It took 4 months to get rid of sugar/carbs cravings!

1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

Yes I'm positive..

How are doing Simon?

Oh is it Simona?

Hi yes I'm female.  I'm still not better, almost 16 months off.  Sometimes it starts to get better, then it comes back.  I'm also addicted to the gym, but I only do 6 minutes.  Maybe I should jog as well like you.