Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Insomnia calender.

[PE...]

I thought I try to make a day by day insomnia thread to visually see how much from day to day. Last "night" was a disaster with 11 hours just laying there.. rolling and twitching. I go up every 2 hour to do something because just laying there isn't making falling asleep any easier. 

• Like 1

I understand you perfectly, it's terrible.Here I am awake since two in the morning in this forum that looks like the Wailing Wall How horrible is this, my god when will it end?

• Like 2

I slept for six hours som im ok today.

But when looking at when i fall asleep it's always around 20 hours awake. I will not take a chance to try to be awake and go to bed at night because that always make me over tired and instead i get zero sleep.

Im just a vampire for a while 😊

13 hours ago, [[m...] said:

I understand you perfectly, it's terrible.Here I am awake since two in the morning in this forum that looks like the Wailing Wall How horrible is this, my god when will it end?

Try to leave this forum for a bit. Not the most relaxing thing to do in the middle of the night. 😊

• Like 1

Just now, [[B...] said:

Intenta abandonar este foro por un rato. No es lo más relajante que se puede hacer en mitad de la noche. 😊

I know, but what can I do if I wake up and can't sleep anymore? Other times I can, but tonight was one of those nights where I couldn't.

19 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I thought I try to make a day by day insomnia thread to visually see how much from day to day. Last "night" was a disaster with 11 hours just laying there.. rolling and twitching. I go up every 2 hour to do something because just laying there isn't making falling asleep any easier. 

I have had insomnia for more than 30 years. I found that the best trick is simply deciding that I don't care if I sleep or not. I stay in bed though, but just make myself comfortable . The less I care, the better I sleep. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

I know, but what can I do if I wake up and can't sleep anymore? Other times I can, but tonight was one of those nights where I couldn't.

Watch some funny movies instead. 

1 minute ago, [[B...] said:

Mejor mira algunas películas divertidas. 

I appreciate your advice, but I don't feel like doing that right now. I usually read for a while and try again.Sometimes I am successful, but it is not a question of using one technique or another.There is no trick to stop benzo insomnia, it is like that and I have to accept it. It's so hard to feel like you're moving forward and suddenly a setback comes along to bring you back to hell.

1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

I have had insomnia for more than 30 years. I found that the best trick is simply deciding that I don't care if I sleep or not. I stay in bed though, but just make myself comfortable . The less I care, the better I sleep. 

I'm getting crazy if i stay in bed for 10+ hours awake. And also when thinking on how much time in bed trying to sleep.. 1/3 of a lifetime 😶‍🌫️🫨 compared to 1/5 sleeping. 

I go up every 2 hours and make some use.. like doing stuff I planned the day before. Or watch some series on netflix. I watched Breaking Bad in one go on a insomnia episode 😆😊

Yeah I also had it all my life.

Edited by [PE...]

3 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Me estoy volviendo loco si me quedo en la cama más de 10 horas despierto. Y también cuando pienso en cuánto tiempo paso en la cama intentando dormir... 1/3 de mi vida 😶‍🌫️ 🫨 en comparación con 1/5 durmiendo. 

Me levanto cada 2 horas y hago algo de uso... como hacer cosas que planeé el día anterior. O ver alguna serie en Netflix. Vi Breaking Bad de un tirón en un capítulo de insomnio 😆 😊

Sí, yo también lo tuve toda mi vida.

Well, before the benzos I slept very well. It's crap!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Well, before the benzos I slept very well. It's crap!!

The insomnia i have after benzo wd is worse.

Second day. Or two and a half 🤗😝🤑

I think i slept on sunday for five hours. Or mabey Saturday I'm not sure..

Memory getting bad when I'm awake. 

I have a alarm set on every 6 hour for food intake so that's good..

Hoping i get the vape i ordered tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Insomnia is back!! 

Atm im up for 24 hours before i sleep for 4. I spend 75% waking hour in fucking bed..Its the forth day like this. Im totally drained. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I spend 75% waking hour in fucking bed

Do you have an ideal time to go to sleep and wake up?  If you do then just go to bed at that time, regardless of whether you sleep or not and get up at your ideal time. Sooner or later the brain will get the message. Forget about sleeping in the day, waste of time, unless its just a quick nap

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Do you have an ideal time to go to sleep and wake up?  If you do then just go to bed at that time, regardless of whether you sleep or not and get up at your ideal time. Sooner or later the brain will get the message. Forget about sleeping in the day, waste of time, unless its just a quick nap

Don't work on me. I end up on psych ward with psychosis. 24.hours without sleep is fine but i get strange after a week

Sounds like you're having a wave, brain making more adjustments. Frustrating when you think you are better. Seems to happen to a lot of people

13 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Sounds like you're having a wave, brain making more adjustments. Frustrating when you think you are better. Seems to happen to a lot of people

I always had insomnia but in cycles. Now it's all the time.. I just think it's my last symptom to leave.. after all it's the reason I once started with benzos in the first place..

Just waiting for hours and days to fall asleep gets to me. I get VERY angry and kick and throw stuff around 🤨🤨

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I always had insomnia but in cycles. Now it's all the time.. I just think it's my last symptom to leave.. after all it's the reason I once started with benzos in the first place..

Just waiting for hours and days to fall asleep gets to me. I get VERY angry and kick and throw stuff around 🤨🤨

@[PE...] have you tried self hypnosis yet? I have a recording from a hypnotherapist I saw. I don't know if you have access to one locally but I was very susceptible to it and did six weekly sessions it has helped loads with overcoming some mind stuff around insomnia and anxiety. I find the recording i have my go to when I can't sleep sometimes I use it a couple of times over the course of the night. it just shifts me out of frustration and impatience into a calmer state - i just quickly googled and found this youtube (his voice sounds ok and reviews are positive) there will be heaps on youtube just find a person you like.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

@[PE...] have you tried self hypnosis yet? I have a recording from a hypnotherapist I saw. I don't know if you have access to one locally but I was very susceptible to it and did six weekly sessions it has helped loads with overcoming some mind stuff around insomnia and anxiety. I find the recording i have my go to when I can't sleep sometimes I use it a couple of times over the course of the night. it just shifts me out of frustration and impatience into a calmer state - i just quickly googled and found this youtube (his voice sounds ok and reviews are positive) there will be heaps on youtube just find a person you like.

No I haven't. It's hard to concentrate for me when I'm tired in brain but i give it a try thanks 😊

• Like 1

12 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I just think it's my last symptom to leave.. after all it's the reason I once started with benzos in the first place..

Just waiting for hours and days to fall asleep gets to me. I get VERY angry and kick and throw stuff around

Yes the brain remembers the original reason for taking these pills, not always though.  I'm sure you know that getting angry is not going to help with insomnia. How would you help a baby get to sleep, or soothe a cat or a dog that was anxious?  I bet you would do a good job with another creature, you seem like a caring person. So use the same soothing techniques on yourself.  Might feel a bit silly to start with but at this stage one has to try everything to outsmart the persistent side of the anxious brain

• Like 1