Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Best insomnia forum?

[PE...]

I'm so sick of spending hours on end wide awake in bed. Have anyone here onset insomnia ( unable to fall asleep) and got helped with anything? I had insomnia all my adult life.

I'm ready to try anything at this point. Not going back on benzos. I had good effects with thc in different forms but i don't like the other effects it gives me.

Peace. 

• Like 1

You could try the traditional bed time ritual of a mug of hot cocoa made with proper cocoa powder and milk and then add a small amount of sugar or honey if required. Not to be confused with pre-prepared hot chocolate drink which is full of sugar. I haven't had it in years but just ordered some. Then you also have the cocoa powder to sprinkle over your coffee in the morning, what's not to like?

Otherwise the only other thing is camomile tea which isn't anywhere near as luxurious or enjoyable to taste but is supposed to be relaxing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[W...] said:

You could try the traditional bed time ritual of a mug of hot cocoa made with proper cocoa powder and milk and then add a small amount of sugar or honey if required. Not to be confused with pre-prepared hot chocolate drink which is full of sugar. I haven't had it in years but just ordered some. Then you also have the cocoa powder to sprinkle over your coffee in the morning, what's not to like?

Otherwise the only other thing is camomile tea which isn't anywhere near as luxurious or enjoyable to taste but is supposed to be relaxing

I don't use sugar in any form. Yeah I have a fruit sometimes. 

I have raw cocoa i will try a spoon tonight 😊

Just now, [[P...] said:

Just now, [[P...] said:

Taste doesn't reallt matter.

6 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I have raw cocoa i will try a spoon tonight

Actually I think it is more to do with warm milk which was always given to children at bedtime to make them sleepy. Though the Mayans used cocoa and milk so if it was good enough for them it is worth a try

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[W...] said:

Actually I think it is more to do with warm milk which was always given to children at bedtime to make them sleepy. Though the Mayans used cocoa and milk so if it was good enough for them it is worth a try

Oh yeah so i guess it's the melatonin in the milk. I had melatonin on script with no effect on falling asleep. 

If I don't sleep tonight i will get a couple of beers tomorrow. That's like a 50/50 to fall asleep chance for me 😆😊

Doxylamine Succinate at a small dose 6.25 or 12.5 mgs helps me when I cannot get to sleep. Over the long term it's not safe, but it does not interact with GABA A receptors like diphenhydramine (the other OTC antihistamine). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, [[I...] said:

Doxylamine Succinate at a small dose 6.25 or 12.5 mgs helps me when I cannot get to sleep. Over the long term it's not safe, but it does not interact with GABA A receptors like diphenhydramine (the other OTC antihistamine). 

Thank you i will check this out for sure.

@[PE...] I've recently been using an equal CBD/CBN gummie (30 mgs) with a small piece (5mgs) of a THC gummie. Apparently the addition of a bit of THC to the CBD/CBN combo works well for sleep. I get my CBD/CBN gummies at Charlotte's Web and the TCH gummie I just buy from my local  dispensary. So far so good.

Hope this helps.

Katz

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

If I don't sleep tonight i will get a couple of beers tomorrow.

While in Benzo WD?

1 minute ago, [[o...] said:

@[PE...] I've recently been using an equal CBD/CBN gummie (30 mgs) with a small piece (5mgs) of a THC gummie. Apparently the addition of a bit of THC to the CBD/CBN combo works well for sleep. I get my CBD/CBN gummies at Charlotte's Web and the TCH gummie I just buy from my local  dispensary. So far so good.

Hope this helps.

Katz

I'm buying thc vapes here in sweden. It's from a indica strain. It's what works best for falling asleep. My body gets heavy and sleepy. It gets very expensive though.. 100usd a week just to sleep. I'm out but order one this morning. 

😊

1 minute ago, [[F...] said:

While in Benzo WD?

Oh no. I'm 10 months out and all is left is insomnia. But i really don't like the alcohol effects! I like the tiredness after it's out

Have you ever tried ditching screens and caffeine for a time. Buy a book and use your phone only as a phone for a while. Chronic caffeine use is really an issue too as is WD from it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Have you ever tried ditching screens and caffeine for a time. Buy a book and use your phone only as a phone for a while. Chronic caffeine use is really an issue too as is WD from it. 

No but only drinking coffee when i just woke up now..I can test dropping caffeine all together.. 

I need to be online a bit everyday because of work but i can try not using it a few hour's before going to sleep.

I'm also thinking going to gym before bed instead of no directly when i woke up, if slept.

13 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

No but only drinking coffee when i just woke up now..I can test dropping caffeine all together.. 

I need to be online a bit everyday because of work but i can try not using it a few hour's before going to sleep.

I'm also thinking going to gym before bed instead of no directly when i woke up, if slept.

I do exercise after supper. More because I feel like crap on waking. I am sleeping more though. I gave up coffee too though so idk. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I do exercise after supper. More because I feel like crap on waking. I am sleeping more though. I gave up coffee too though so idk. 

Exercise wakes me up so good.. I get a buzz i live all day on.

3 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Oh no. I'm 10 months out and all is left is insomnia. But i really don't like the alcohol effects! I like the tiredness after it's out

Have you tried self hypnosis? I used a pre recorded one from a therapist and it works well. I am sure you could find some on you tube. 

A lot of neuroscience folk recommend it in books etc to help rewire the brain. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Have you tried self hypnosis? I used a pre recorded one from a therapist and it works well. I am sure you could find some on you tube. 

A lot of neuroscience folk recommend it in books etc to help rewire the brain. 

No i have not.. i bet there is lots of learning involved but i will check it up 😊

@[PE...]  You expressed that you have dealt with insomnia pre-benzos.

There is a YouTube channel I will link below.  I found it very interesting.  I had sleep issues at the beginning of this process, but I have never had issues with insomnia prior in my life aside from situational insomnia.  However, I found the information useful and to carry with me for times I may find myself experiencing it again.

https://www.youtube.com/@thesleepcoachschool8192

If you feel like it, maybe take a look at the channel.

I wish you the best!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

@[PE...]  You expressed that you have dealt with insomnia pre-benzos.

There is a YouTube channel I will link below.  I found it very interesting.  I had sleep issues at the beginning of this process, but I have never had issues with insomnia prior in my life aside from situational insomnia.  However, I found the information useful and to carry with me for times I may find myself experiencing it again.

https://www.youtube.com/@thesleepcoachschool8192

If you feel like it, maybe take a look at the channel.

I wish you the best!

Yes it was why benzos was prescribed in the first place. I was studying and was hit by bad insomnia. I was put on 15mg zopiclone/z drugs.

Thanks i will check it out!

😊

3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Yes it was why benzos was prescribed in the first place. I was studying and was hit by bad insomnia. I was put on 15mg zopiclone/z drugs.

Thanks i will check it out!

😊

You may have to search through the site to see what you feel will be helpful.  I wish I could find the ones I watched.  It's literally about looking at sleeping completely differently.  Even 'sleep hygiene'...it's interesting.

• Like 1

Thanks for all tips!!

I just took 1g paracetamol sometimes I get lucky and can sleep on it 😊

Sleep hygiene doesn’t always help everyone. Sometimes there is no “help”… only making peace with what is. I’ve tried it all. It okay, I’m not complaining, just saying there isn’t always help to be had. It’s an ugly truth for some of us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

No i have not.. i bet there is lots of learning involved but i will check it up 😊

It's actually really simple. No learning required I just listen to a 24 minute recording and it puts me into hypnosis quickly. The more I listen the more effective it is. I am sure you could find good ones on YouTube for free. There are also self hypnosis apps you can download too. Reveri is meant to be good.

I also find that when I am suffering badly with sxs and insomnia- this at least gives me 24 minutes of deep rest and I feel better after. Even if I can't sleep. 

• Like 1