Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When will it go away for good...?

This whole benzo withdrawal process has been one extremely long torturous roller coaster.  I have said it before and I will say it again, it does get better.  I don't have the terrible shakes anymore or the severe head pressure I had at the beginning of my w/d.  Panic attacks are few and far between at this point and other symptoms have fell off over time (night sweats, numb gums, severe sensitivity to sound, etc.)  But.... I am still left with an overall crappy start to every day.  When the sun peeks itself out, I am still hit with anxiety/adrenaline surges that remind me that I am still in w/d.  The feeling consumes my mind, and even though I am able to get up and go to work and be as normal as I possibly can, it hangs over me like a dark cloud.  Like, when you pass somebody in the hall and they say, "how you doin?" and you respond with "great" even though you know you are not.  Or when you see a sticker on a car in front of you that says "life is great!" and you say to yourself, wish mine was.  Not want to get anybody down, I'm just going through a down time right now.  Just ready for this all to end.  If anybody has been off the the same length of time and has anything to shed that would be great.

Thanks,

Natron

[f0...]

Natron,

I'm right there with you at 3.5 months off.  It's tough because some days I feel so amazing, then the next day I wake up in panic and freak out.  I think this time is especially difficult because we're not horrible like we were at say a month off - but we're still sick.  We are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and that makes each and every wave worse for us.

we just have to hang in there and keep at it. We will heal.  it will just take a while.

Is it any consolation to you guys that I am way worse than you?  Not trying to whine, but I can barely walk or think much less drive a car and go to work and I've been off the same time as you and have not taken anything else.  You are blessed and I know these last few things will go jsut like the other things! 

Love you both!

Mary