Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone used liquid Klonopin (compounded from pharmacy) -- need help

I did not put this post in the "preparing for taper" boards because I need to hear from people who already have experience.

I am hoping to hear from some folks that have used liquid Klonopin (from a compounding pharmacist).

That is what I have been using for the last couple of months and I am having a really hard time.

The pharmacist told me that benzos are known for losing their potency more quickly than other drugs when they sit in liquid. 

I currently get a new batch of liquid Klonopin (in a pharmacuetical suspension liquid) every 14 days, but unfortunately I have noticed the effectiveness seems to start decreasing around day 5 and is nearly completey gone toward the end of my 14 day batch.  Then I get a fresh refill batch and I start to feel better for a little while. 

Honestly, it feels like I'm on this rollercoaster of withdrawaling and updosing over and over -- even though I have not changed my dose (while I try to figure out what to do.)

All I wanted was a way to make tiny, consistent cuts that would be more accurate than milk or water titration.  I know that K is supposed to bind with milk fat, but I've heard debates about the accuracy of milk titration too.  I need to know the accurate amount of drug I'm taking, so I can have a successful taper without jerking around the  levels of K in my system from day to day.

I really need some advice --I feel really stuck and I don't know what to do.  I feel really sick and I'm scared about the journey ahead. 

Pleases help.

T

Hi Twell,

I've been using liquid K for 3 months now and have one month to go on a taper off of .5mg. I was told by several members that each batch should be used for 30 days. I have refilled my RX every 30 days and haven't had the problems with it losing potency or experiencing anything different from the beginning to the end of the refill. I only notice issues around my monthly cycle ie: ovulation and PMS. Are you in the US? What pharmacy are you using? I haven't heard anything about potency issues with liquid K before so I'm curious.

Best of luck. Keep pushing.

Amy,

Thank you for responding.  This is so frustrating.  I thought the liquid would be the answer to the control and flexibility I wanted. 

Can you tell me what brand of generic K you use  -- I use Mylan. 

Thanks.

Hi T -

We have an excellent compounding pharmacy in town and they recommended using compounded capsules as opposed to liquid.  They can make the capsules in 0.01mg increments so a lot easier to get correct dose.  I used them last year and was generally miserable as I was in tolerance.  It really seemed to make no difference versus cutting with my razor blade.  I was hoping that compounding would make my ride down easier but when I got below ~0.5mg it was bad regardless of what approach I took.  Hope you have a better experience with the liquid.

Billwill

I get mine compounded...but mine is usable for up to three months. I asked my pharmacist about expiry and such...he emphasized the liquid suspension will not effect efficy. He told me to just make sure that I go before the expiry date. The sx are nasty but somewhat managable.

Is there a reason for getting it refilled every 30 days. I'm getting worried now. That's why I dislike coming here sometimes...I hear stuff and my mind begins to race.