Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Im feeling like me again

I just want you all to know... that this thing that takes hold of you  will go away.

It might take a week, a month or  a year say some . Today I felt somewhat of what I used to be like. If this is it .... and its not over yet ;I cant wait for the old me to be here.  I am still having some side effects , but they arent as bad as in the beginning. I feel that my old self is returning .  I think the reason that I wanted to jump  too soon was that my old self inside my brain was trying to get out. I hope I  dont sound too coo coo. :crazy:( my favorite word) .

But its like being one of those people in the movie " Awakenings" . The only difference is... Im never going back.  :smitten:

[8a...]

OH Honey,

I'm so excited for you.  gives me and the rest of us hope. 

Yes, it does take hold of me. 

thanks for sharing and continued feeling good for you.  :yippee:

I have no idea what it feels like to feel like me. 

Mamie

I'm so happy for you  :yippee:

Unfortunately for me... I really don't even know who I am without psychotropic drugs. So I guess I'll just have to be surprised. lol

I've had some windows where I felt something like the person I used to be, and it's wonderful--congratulations! 

Unfortunately, I feel a lot like Holly--almost 15 years of prescription psychotropic drug use has left me with a bit of an identity crisis.

Mal

This is a WONDERFUL post!  I am so happy for you!  I've been following your progress and often wonder how you are doing...thank you SO much for updating us. 

All the best,

Schatje

Very happy for you!  It's so amazing to feel even a tiny bit of normalcy after going through benzo withdrawal.

Hang in there and know that it will get better and better!

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/1sm417catch.gif

I an so so glad for you. That feeling of old yourself will push you through your recovery. It must be so sweet feeling. Take care