Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ideas for catchy benzo awareness slogans

[Pe...]

I am going to order some customized tees and a magnetic bumper sticker...I wanted to put an some kind of slogan on them to spread awareness about benzos.  I thought it might be fun to ask you guys for ideas.  I don't care if it is humorous or serious, I only ask that it be good at getting a benzo awareness message across to people.

I am going to order the magnetic bumper sticker from:

[nobbc]http://www.buildasign.com[/nobbc]

I have never used this website before, so if someone knows of a better one please let me know!  I am ordering t-shirts from:

[nobbc]http://www.customizedgirl.com[/nobbc]

They have mens, womens, and kids tees.  I have used them before and the tees always turned out good.  I am looking forward to what you guys can come up with, should be pretty entertaining as we have some extremely smart people on this forum.

Edit: deactive links per FUM

SAY

No To The Benzo

--                 --

Good one pj, you mean the red circle with the slash through it? That's awesome. I think if one was wearing a t-shirt with that on it, people would start asking questions, and I think that's great.

I was thinking of STOPXANAX.org on bumper stickers and t-shirts for an informational web site to go to. I say Xanax because I'm not sure a lot of people know what benzos are. I am on alprazolam. I didn't know it was Xanax. I didn't know it was even remotely related to Valium, much less 20 times more potent.

There are so many intelligent people with a sense of humor here, I'm sure someone will come up with a catchy slogan.

X OUT OF XANAX

unbenzoyourself.org

BENZOS ARE BANDAIDS

Good one pj, you mean the red circle with the slash through it? That's awesome. I think if one was wearing a t-shirt with that on it, people would start asking questions, and I think that's great.

I was thinking of STOPXANAX.org on bumper stickers and t-shirts with a real web site to go to. I say Xanax because I'm not sure a lot of people know what benzos are. I am on alprazolam. I didn't know it was Xanax. I didn't know it was even remotely related to Valium, much less 20 times more potent.

Anyway, there are so many intelligent people with a sense of humor here, I'm sure someone will come up with a catchy slogan.

The word has to get out there. This stuff is POISON.

X Out Of Xanax, That's a catchy one, Nicolette.

doctors are wise

but

not BENZO wise

Lose a Benzo, find a life

Benzos are not your friend

They are your worst nightmare

BENZOS

hurt

all of us

Benzos are cheap, the price we pay is not

Benzos hurt the one you love

Benzos ZAP your brain

Benzos are meaner than a junkyard dog

1. Where there is a Benzo. There is no Will. There is no Way.

2. Say Yes to LIFE. Say no to Benzo.

3. Benzo...I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

Perserverance,

I love, love, love your committment to spread the word about what benzos can really do to people. 

Some good slogans guys...Travuz, your # 3 made me chuckle.

Save your Sanity, Say No to Mr. Benzo

1. The Benzo made me do it.

2. Live life Benzo free and you will have the world to see.

3. Abandon all hope, if you take a Benzo.

These are EXACTLY the kind of things I was hoping you guys would come up with, sensibility with humor- fantastic!  Please keep them coming, I plan to have a t-shirt wardrobe of many different ones by the end of all this.

I encourage everyone to do the same, if you like one or more of the slogans people post- why not get some customized tees made of your own?  I mean, I had never heard of any of this until I went through it.  Wish I would have seen a t-shirt to spark my interest.

I was thinking of putting web addresses after the slogans too- does anyone know if that is legal/copy righted?

Two of my favorites are:

www.benzo.org.uk

http://psychmedaware.org

Perseverance, I think you would have to get permission to use those websites, but I don't know for sure. I think if someone started an informational website that t-shirts and bumper stickers slogans directed them to with links to other ones it would be ok, I'm sure someone will come along here soon and let us know.  :)

What a great idea you have, Perseverance, I'm excited by this.

Yes, a great idea!  How sad that only those of us who have experienced this can understand it.

I often think of Ronald and Nancy Reagan and their "Just say NO" campaign.

Makes me think of this:  Benzo, with a red circle and slash over it, then the words, "Just say NO!" underneath it.

No very creative, but it gets the point across.

Then again, how many innocent people realize that Xanax, etc. are "benzos".

Makes me think that the words Xanax, etc. should be used.

How many people even know what a benzo is?  I didn't, I thought the ativan they gave me was a sleeping pill or muscle relaxer.  That's how the ER doc made it sound.  I didn't even know that valium was really that bad.  I had taken a couple years ago for migraines.  Who knew???

What's a Benzo?

ASK ME

BENZODIAZEPINE

what does it mean

ask me

WARNING

benzos come in small packages

so does dynamite                    

WARNING

benzos come in small packages

so does poison                   

How many people even know what a benzo is?  I didn't, I thought the ativan they gave me was a sleeping pill or muscle relaxer.  That's how the ER doc made it sound.  I didn't even know that valium was really that bad.  I had taken a couple years ago for migraines.  Who knew???

Tamzo, I know, right, I honestly had never heard the word benzodiazepine till maybe a year ago.

I think it was my blind trust in the prevailing medical establishment that led to my cognitive dissonance about alprazolam (Xanax). I had heard stories about "Mother's Little Helpers" (The Rolling Stones song) i.e. Valium....IMO that's why medical providers are so reluctant to prescribe Valium in the US.

*I still feel partly to blame*

Sack Xanax

You might have to look into copyright laws, if you are going to go the route of using an actual brand names in the slogan. Since it is a registered trademark or brand name; more than likely...you could get sued. I think if you actually sold the tees, and the pharmas became aware of this, you would probably find a cease and desist in your mailbox or face pharma punishment. I wouldn't be to surprised if they have watchdogs scouring the .Net to watch for such offenses.

Here another

Pharma broke the rule...Gave us benzo, now we drool

Yeah, I thought the same thing, that people might not know what a benzo is.  I also wondered about what Travuz said with the copyright on the individual names.

How about saying something like:

Is Your Medication a Benzo?

Find out the Facts

Beware of the Dangers

Or, perhaps something to this effect:

Benzos for anxiety and insomnia?

FAIL!

Someone on another thread awhile back suggested making tees with this:

Just say NO...

to Prescription Drugs

But she couldn't figure out how to work benzos into it.

"Ben Zo Done Dat!"

"I went to a shrink and all I got was this lousy benzo"

"Alas poor Benzo, I knew it so well"

"Live Long and Buspar"  (for the trekkies)

[d8...]
"I went to a shrink and all I got was this lousy benzo"

I didn't walk out with only one Benzo.

I walked out with Ativan, Klonopin, Ambien, Zyprexa, Lithium..

I think there were a few more, but I took all of them and became numb and drunk.

I was on Ativan before Klonopin, dropped it with no w/d.

So, I guess she prescribed that as a sleeper or something.

Oh, it just hit me, Abilify was another one she prescribed, which made my nose bleed.

Benzodiazepines

Death by Inches

Will Doctors ever make the connection?

Feel Sick?  Doctors Baffled?

It Could be Your Prescription

Sleeping Pills or Anti-Anxiety Meds

I don't know if using the term "benzo" works.  I was on klonopin 3 different times before I knew what a benzo was...