Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Will it ever end?

Do you guys think once I do a slow taper and after about 6 months I should start feeling normal again?

I need some support.  I feel like I will be stuck like this even after i taper, maybe worse...

Gosh, bmwzw, everyone is so different as far as healing time-frames.  It usually takes longer than 6 months to heal andwith normal healing anywhere from 12 to 18 months.  I have seen a few members feel much, much better at the 6 month mark, too.  After you are first off you MAY see new symptoms come and old symptoms go away and it can still be difficult for the first 2-4 months off and sometimes longer.  The one good thing is that we all heal.  I think looking way ahead is not a good idea.  Maybe think what you will eventually do with your life once you are healed but right now you have to take it one day at a time.  Better days will come.

Patty  xo

I felt a lot better at 6 months out, but started to turn a real corner at 8.5 months out. When the bad times hit I know it's near impossible to think you're ever going to get over this but I can guarantee that recovery is happening, your body is just trying to figure out how to deal without the drug. Soldier on, it all gets better  :therethere: