Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need some reassurance...

Yes, most stabilize from 1- 3 weeks.  Of course, being stable doesn't mean being symptom-free or even fewer symptoms, just that you aren't feeling progressively worse day after day. 

Hi Beeper,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I really do appreciate it.

What is the longest a person should wait in terms of weeks to do another cut if they don't feel stable?  I know the Ashton Manual tells us a few weeks.  What do you think Dr. Ashton meant by a few weeks?

Again thanks!

NYClady

Ashton states to cut within 1-2 weeks but she also cross her patients over to Valium.  I cut 1mg every week but will most likely have to cut just .5mg of Valium every week, being I am getting lower in my dose.  The "rule of thumb" is to cut 10% of whatever dose you are on every 1 - 2 weeks.  But with that being said, you also have to listen to your body and cut when you feel like the s/x's are not unbearable.  Hope this helps.

Hang in there.

Renee