Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

2 days of FREEDOM

[Be...]

I took my last dose of Klonopin 2 days ago, on the evening of July 8th, 2011. I have been on and off benzos since I was 17 years old, so I am really looking foreword to getting to know the real me... Whoever that may be. I'm not quite sure why it took so long for me to realize how bad these drugs are affecting me- looking back at high school, I can clearly remember how much I anticipated taking my morning and night doses. Before my night dose, my heart would speed up, palms would sweat, and I would generally just feel so insanely anxious before that little green wafer took effect.

Although I am now experiencing a lasting freedom from benzos, I still feel like there are bars around my "soul". I feel as if benzo withdrawal is like a year to two year prison sentence- the main difference being that people can't see your shackles and limitations. Much healing is going to have to occur, and I am still so worried that my benzo recovery will be insufficient in getting me totally healthy, as I do have some preexisting issues. The good news is that I know I will feel better than I do now, and any improvement is very welcome at this point ;D

I sincerely thank everybody for their kindness and encouragement, and the founders of this wonderful forum especially for putting such a cool place together!

Congratulations on being free!  :yippee: isn't it liberating?

Now you can concentrate on the finer things, way to go!  :hug:

We are very eager to hear about how you improve.. Only time heals brother, only time.

We got time and you will get better, write it down, believe it and stay strong.

When you feel like your going to give up, come on the forum and vent with us...

Lu

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Greeting%20Cards/Happy%20Birthday%20and%20Good%20Job/congratulation.gif

Hey Lu and all,

Well I am just clinging on for dear life. Sleep is really terrible, but what else should I have expected lol? I'm just so tired all day... I am working out regularly, and eating pretty darn good, so I'm very blessed to be able to do those two things. My workouts are pretty pathetic lol, and have to be saved for nighttime when I have a little bit of energy, but I am grateful to be doing it. Basically I am just riding it out until the tide starts to turn in my favor. This sucks :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Well.

What can I say? Life is a nightmare right now, but I've managed to stifle the urge to pop a pill to take care of it. Starting school in a few weeks, and I'm scared s***less that I won't be able to perform. I have literally fallen asleep while sitting up. I am so tired, but hopeful that I can get some semblance of normal sleep back. I have nothing left in the tank  :( I hope I can come back and post some positive news late fall/early winter.

Freedom sure doesn't feel like freedom guys.

• 2 weeks later...