Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

May have missed a dose,what to do?

[da...]

Taking Lorazepam .25mg4X/day=1.0mg total.  Sometimes when I wake up foggy (phenobarbitol) several hours later I am unsure if I took my wake-up dose.  So I wait a few hours and then take half a regular dose.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Keep a log and mark off when you take the dose so there is no confusion (write it down.)

I personally would far rather take less than more, but you are epileptic yes? In that case I wouldn't want to mess around... but you are also on the phenobarb for your seizures?

[13...]

David,

I have the same exact problem with my morning dose, particularly.

I wake up foggy headed, and valium does that too.

It's just not Phenobarbital.

I would say take it, but I'm not sure.

OR I have waited till the next dose.

And you know the nervousness it can bring to think we miss a dose, especially when we're prone to seizures.

I keep a log on my computer, but that doesn't always help.

In chat, you asked us about this.

Glad you brought it to the forum because others can weigh in.

the pheno is temp during the withdrawl but it kicks like a mule when you first wake up which is when i take 1st med.  have made chart but still confused

maybe a med box for my morning dose made up nite before.

I would say the med box is probably a good idea, either that or keep a journal and leave a small place to tally whether you took your dose or not

[13...]

I agree.

I think a pill box is a good idea.

I use one of those as well, but sometimes my mind can be so foggy.. I still can't get my doses exactly right on time.

You can get a pill box at the pharmacy, any pharmacy usually carries pill boxes.

[13...]

Here are a few things to keep in mind I found-

How can I remember to take my medication?

• Take the medicine at the same time each day.

• Take it at the same time as some other routine such as brushing your teeth, after meals or at bedtime.

• Use a pillbox so you can check it if you have taken a dose.

• Use an alarm to remind you of times to take a dose.

• Keep a written schedule or chart of when to take the medicine.

• Talk to your doctor or healthcare provider about problems remembering the medicine

http://www.epilepsy.com/pdfs_med/epilepsy_diazepam.pdf

That was another w/d effect I had:  couldn't remember if I took a pill.  Couldn't remember if I fed the dog (he must have eaten dinner 2/3 x sometimes).  It's one of the reasons I want off the K.  I forgot if I brushed my teeth, where I filed things in work or that I had conversations and then would deny it only to have a foggy memory later that perhaps I did do or say what I thought I didn't.  So, go easy on yourself.  Take same time everyday and really focus when taking it that you are taking it (It's Monday, 7am, I'm taking my pill....).  Hope it helps :)

OK  Pill box it is.

Gotta tell yah I still feel like crap a day later from taking the extra dose by mistake early yesterday morning.  Going thru a short big withdrawal as a result.  Im finding it doesnt take much to screw my body up big-time while in withdrawal.

Hey David,

I had to get a pill box about a year after I started taking benzos. Some people at work call it my "old man pill box", lol. Hey, it helps!

Get yourself a red marker and mark x on the calendar after you have fed the dog :)

Being pedantic to a fault really helps: Pillbox, different coloured markers and calendar, lists and just about everything you can think of that helps you ,frame´´ your existence as you taper.

It is difficult enough to deal with the withdrawals without having to doubt or second guess oneself on every aspect.

Lists  and boxes it is. I could not do without them - and I am very pedant by nature.

Lexotania :thumbsup:

david, I did the same thing 2 days in a row this week. I just didn't take another-- that's no good either, but I didn't want to up dose. I haven't gotten a pill box yet. I always take a dose right before sleep so I've been setting my next day's dose out then. That has relieved me a lot.

Thanks everyone,

I have recently learned if I get the dose out first then check it off and then take it, its the best order.(Because I can no longer forget to take it once its out) but the pillbox is the best way for me now in the morning.  (For those of you who have not questioned if they have missed a dose yet this is actually serious stuff).

Hi David,

Looks like PM has been disabled so we will have to communicate this way. It seems like you have this figured out about missing your dose.

You asked about the Benzo-Wise book and how long his withdrawal experience was. He was in acute withdrawal for 3 months and then protracted for 2 years - windows of calm grew longer as time went on. Very interesting.

amb

Amb,

per BB suggestion registered at benzoexodus.com to PM under David49 (other wise my email listed in my account) benzoexodus preferred for PMs just until BB PM is back up.

[13...]

Hi amb

I guess PM will be back on line in a while.  Meanwhile thanks for the book info.

David,

You were the only one I could PM about the seizures.

I hope you stay. :(

Pamster, Sigma

Other than to PM while you are down we are not going anywhere!! We are BBs for life, nothing compares with you guys!

Pamster

Other than to PM while you are down we are not going anywhere!! We are BBs for life, nothing compares with you guys!

I'm happy to hear this David, we would hate to lose you.

[13...]

Pamster, Sigma

Thanks David

Pamster

I'm happy to hear this David, we would hate to lose you.

I agree with Pam  :thumbsup: