Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

from Bromazepan 2 Diazepam or Prazepam ?

[li...]

Hello fellow BB  :)

I am planning to taper Bromazepan ( I've been on Lexotan for 7 years). My intake at the moment is 6,25 mg. I don't know whether I should cross-over to Diazepam or to Prazepam...what is best ? I feel a bit scared about taking  Valium, and in France it is quite commun to switch to Prazepam (Lysanxia).

I don't feel brave enough to go through the titration process because it seems so tedious.

I'm taking Bromazepam only to ease sleep (I still get bouts of insomnia sometimes anyway) , never during daytime.

I would be very gratefull for any advices you could give me ; right know I feel a bit lost because I'm so insure of what to do. To get off Lexotan is a big challenge, so I d like to start on the right foot.

( if you don't understand something because of my English, please let me know, I ll try to correct it and won't feel offended in the least !)

Hi, littletoe.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Prazepam.  According to the Ashton Equivalency chart, 10-20 mg of Prazepam = 10mg Valium which is a pretty wide range.  According to the same chart the half-life of the active metabolite is the same for both so it probably would be okay to substitute Prazepam if you can get the dosage right.  Again, according to the same chart,  5mg of Lexotan is equivalent to 10mg Valium so you would be taking about twice as much Valium or Prazepam when you finish your substitution.  Have you talked to your doctor about doing a substitution taper?

http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

(This is a link to that chart I mentioned so you can see the information for yourself.)

thanx for your answer beeper !

silly question : is lexotan and lexomil 2 different names for the same medicine ? mine is called Lexomil in france, do you have Lexomil in UK ?

Apparently Lexotan and Lexomil are two of the many brand names for the drug bromazapam.  Often a drug is marketted under a different name in different countries.  Can make it confusing.  ???