Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Putting two and two together.

[la...]

[la...]

For the past 5 months I have not felt like I have been sleeping and after rereading the insomnia part in the Ashton Manual I realized that Benzos put us in stage 2 sleep, which is the lightest sleep. Since I did a CT my mind never got to adjust and I have been experiencing stage 2 sleep for the past 5 months. It makes you feel like you're still aware of your surroundings and you honestly don't feel like you're sleeping at all. I FINALLY got REM back for a month after I reinstated and dropped to a lower dose, it was magical but then I got off too quick and have not hit deeper stages of sleep since. I'm praying I'm not in protracted withdrawal. I can't live with this. its absolutely torturous. I feel like I dont get a break in between days because it appears I am not sleeping. I just did the switch to valium, I'm not sure if it was the right move but I'm hoping since its more sedating sleep will come back. Doing a slow taper for now on. 

This is just my theory but any input is welcomed 

I know we all need prayer. But please pray for me <3 

Edited by [la...]

[Bu...]
7 hours ago, [[l...] said:

For the past 5 months I have not felt like I have been sleeping and after rereading the insomnia part in the Ashton Manual I realized that Benzos put us in stage 2 sleep, which is the lightest sleep. Since I did a CT my mind never got to adjust and I have been experiencing stage 2 sleep for the past 5 months. It makes you feel like you're still aware of your surroundings and you honestly don't feel like you're sleeping at all. I FINALLY got REM back for a month after I reinstated and dropped to a lower dose, it was magical but then I got off too quick and have not hit deeper stages of sleep since. I'm praying I'm not in protracted withdrawal. I can't live with this. its absolutely torturous. I feel like I dont get a break in between days because it appears I am not sleeping. I just did the switch to valium, I'm not sure if it was the right move but I'm hoping since its more sedating sleep will come back. Doing a slow taper for now on. 

This is just my theory but any input is welcomed 

I know we all need prayer. But please pray for me <3 

I feel you

its only been  a couple of weeks for me when sleep is little, strange and interrupted. I’ll turn over and say to my partner “I can’t get to sleep” and he will say I have been asleep for 30 mins and then I’ll think “oh yeah - I was dreaming something and I was asleep!

im getting a max of 2.5hours sleep like that. Then I will get chemical anxiety and sometimes akathisia which has me wandering out of the house like a dementia patient:-( Then I might get a small further stretch of sleep

this is utter torture and every night I have to tell myself that this means the withdrawal is progressing and I’m one step closer to being out of this hell hole. 

im glad you have some control over your symptoms with your taper (I CTd )

I pray this gets better for both of us soon