Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need help with ativan cross-over to valium calculations

[IA...]

Hello all:

I am getting off of ativan. I had recently been taking 1 mg in the AM for wake up anxiety and sometimes a .5 later in day. Now I know I was having tolerance and between dose withdrawals and I want to get off the awful stuff. The anxiety and dread I have now is way worse than before I ever took ativan. Yesterday, I started a .25 at 8am, .25 at 2pm and .25 at 10pm. I have had some waves of pretty uncomfortable anxiety, some nausea, some calf pain and some headache and did not get many hours of sleep. Still, I want to stabilize here and then (if my doc will work with me) cross over to valium and then taper the valium. I have seen the chart in Ashton for the cross-over but it starts with 2 mg of ativan 3x a day. I am hoping that someone may have put together a cross-over chart for .75 (in three divided doses) = 7.5 mg valium. I would love the math help. I am not thinking very straight.

Thanks so much!

When you know for sure you can get the Valium, I'm sure someone can help you with that.  With .25mg Ativan = 2.5mg Valium, all you do is substitute one of those three doses of Ativan with 2.5mg Valium, wait about 2 weeks and then substitute another dose, wait another 2 weeks or so and then make the final substitution so that then you are on 2.5mg Valium 3x/day.  I think it would be easiest to do this with the 2mg Valium tablets and then you could use them to taper off.