Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Twitching eye lids

My eye lids twitch every time I close my eyes at night.  They jump for like an hour and a half before they settle down.  This is my 9th day clonazepam free.  Anyone ever experienced this w/d s/x.  I am wondering how long this will last.

Im still tapering & I do get this symptom (only on the left side). I hope it goes away soon for you. Congrats on being off! :thumbsup:

M

Yep.

I still get it sometimes 11 months out.  It doesn't last more that a few minutes though and can be at any time, not just night.

[58...]
5 weeks off and it's much better. Rarely happens at all anymore but was bothersome first few weeks of tapering and few weeks after finishing. It'll get better.

About a month after I was off the Benzos my left eyelid started twitching. There was no set time or pattern when it did this. Only my left eyelid, go figure.

It lasted about three weeks, and hasn't come back. Very annoying!

I'm tapering Klonopin right now and I have this symptom a little bit.  I never really thought about it because it's hardly annoying compared to some of the other things I go through, but yeah, I've dealt with it a few nights here and there at least.