Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How long have I been tapering?

[xe...]

This is really just academic, but I'm trying to figure out how long my taper has been thus far. My history is complicated..

I was on 8mg/day of K in 5/2010. I won't list the miserable road to such a high dose... but that was my final peak.

I tapered down to 3mg/day 9/2010 and jumped off it c/t.

A month later I reinstated on 1mg/day 10/2010.

It took me a month to feel significantly better. 11/2010.

I then sat at that 1mg/day, feeling better than I have during that entire miserable tolerance w/d fest, until 3/2010. It was about 3-4 months I kind of just took a break from doing anything further. I kinda feel like this got me too settled in to the 1mg/day and that became my new "readdicted" amount and I was starting tapering over.

3/1/2011 I began cutting the 1mg down.

It's now 7/9/2011 and I am at .24mg of K today.

So... how long have I been tapering, 14 months, 4 months?

There's at least 3 more months left of this taper if I go all the way down to < 0.05mg/day without speeding up.

I'd say 4months this time, xenofears.  As you said, it's pretty academic at this point but that's my opinion.  ;)

I just noticed your signature line.  You deserve a huge pat on the back.  You are almost there.  I know it is tough going but eventually you will have yourself back.

Patty  xo