Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Neck and eye pain

Haven't even started to taper and te back of my neck and behind my left eye there is so much pressure!!! Why is this? I know that healing doesn't start till 0 but why is my neck in pain and I have to move it from side to side??????

I had a lot of neck pain ON benzos, I am pretty sure it caused that pain.  Since Detox I have had a ton of pressure in my head bearing down on my eyes and pressing against my ears.

I recently read in Jack Hobson's book "The Benzo Book" that you actually do start to heal during tapering.  Just thought that might be helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

:o I have also experienced on/off neck and eye disturbances since going cold turkey off diazepam about 10 weeks ago. My neck gets numb on the left side and aches too. My left eye gets numb and twitches. I feel like there is a lot of pressure in my head and behind my eye.  From what I have researched, all symptoms of w/d.

Almost 3 years ago I really did develop a cataract in my right eye (very odd for my age - Drs. could hardly believe it) that required removal.  In the past few days it seems like my left eye is also getting blurry, but I think it is more w/d symptoms.

If your doctor has ruled out any problem, be vigilant and good luck with your journey. :thumbsup: