Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

i need a lorazepam taper plan

[va...]

i had been taking lorazepam 1.5 for 3 months. when i tapered off my gabapentin i got stuck up at 2.75mg to 3mg a day of lorazepam. over the last 10 days ive had taken 2.75mg 8 times and 3mg's twice. so i guess im pretty much stable at 2.75mg. i need help with a taper plan. i originally planned on cutting 0.25mg off my dose every week. i dont know if thats too slow or too fast? i get the shakes at 2.75mg so if i cut to like 2.25mg i asume the shakes will get worse but how bad is that gonna be?  i need to be focused for work so i cant go too fast. although i get one week a month off work so i can drop faster that week if needed. please help. thanks in advanced. 

I tapered off lorazepam by making .25mg cuts every 2 weeks until I got to 1.25mg/day at which time I reduced the cuts to .125mg (1/4 of a .5mg tablet).  I picked every two weeks rather arbitrarily and might have been able to make the reductions more often and still have done okay.  You have to kind of feel your way.  Throughout my taper, I had symptoms of anxiety, some of which lasted for months and others just for hours. If the shakes do get worse - and they won't necessarily do that - I would hold where you are until they settle down.  You don't want to get too far ahead of the healing that has to take place.

Im dry cutting lorazepam as well until I feel comfortable transitioning to total valium. Go really, really slow.

PS you should add a profile at the bottom of your posts and congrats :thumbsup: on the Gabapentin accomplishment!

If you get the shakes at 2.75mg then that is usually an indication you need to hold there for awhile.  (unless you have reached tolerance)