Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need some feedback about K taper

[NY...]

Dear BB,

I jumped off my night time dose of K @ .05 June 19th. 

I was taking .25 (more or less) in the am.  Not really 100% sure because I was cutting my .50 mgs. in half and some of the pieces were bigger than others so I filed them all down to read .078 using my scale which weighs in grams. 

I then began my am taper by going from .25??? to .15 on June 26th and may stay on this dose for another week because I was experiencing severe anxiety last week and want to stabilize.

I take my .15 in the am by taking three .05 capsules. 

One of our BB suggested that I am probably experiencing inter-dose WD sx. due to K's half life and that I should consider breaking up the morning dose and taking it 3 times a day.

Need some feedback.

NYClady

Hi NYClady,

Once I divided my titrating doses into two, I did MUCH better, so I recommend this as well  (every twelve hours seemed to be enough for me).  It did take about 3-4 days for me to feel the improvement and be less symptomatic.

You have made terrific progress(!) Hang in there, you are almost free :thumbsup::yippee:

Blessings,

itzsweird

Hi BB,

I am still not stable since my last cut two weeks ago and experiencing severe WD sxs.  I am currently taking only a morning dose of .15 by taking 3 - .05 mgs compounded capsules @ 7:00 am.  Someone here on BB suggested I divide that dose and take it 3 times a day to lessen inter-dose WD symptoms.

Should I do this or can it make matters worse?

Thank you,

NYClady

Hi itzsweird,

Thank you for your feedback and encouragement.

I have not stabilized since my last cut and experiencing severe WD sxs.  Do you still recommend that I divide my dose 3 times a day?

Thank you.

NYClady

I would say that dosing twice a day should suffice; although at some point you will be down to one dose as you get lower.

Dear Bevoir,

I take my am dose @ 7:00 am when do you think I should take my pm dose?

Thank you,

NYClady

I used to take my first K dose at 8am and my second dose at 5.30pm (when I got home from work)

You could take your second dose at 7pm, which would be 12 hours since your initial dose @ 7am.

Sorry Bevoir,

A few more questions...

I'm taking 3 capsules of .05.  In your opinion how should I divide that dose (i.e., take .10 in the am and .05 in the pm or do the opposite?).

Why don't you recommend taking it 3 times a day? 

Am I still going to go through the same type of WD when I start tapering lets say the evening dose.

Thanks,

NYClady

You could certainly take your dose three times at day if you wanted too.

Perhaps take .05 @ say 7am, 2pm and 9pm.  It really is down to whatever works best for you. But three times a day would be just fine.

As Bev said, whatever works best for you is the way to go.  Some people do better dosing several times per day, others do fine with just one dose per day.

Try to find what works best for you.  They key is finding what works to minimize symptoms :thumbsup:

[54...]

Why not dose three times per day to keep it simple? Take .05 three times a day...then, when you get your next compounded dose, you can take whatever it is three times a day as well and just reduce evenly all the way to the bottom. Does that make sense??

I hope that helped.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

I dose my K 4x per day to avoid interdose w/d and I reduce each dose evenly. I am titrating, however.

Best of luck to you.

Much love, Nicole

Hi

Sorry I did not get back sooner, and sorry you are having some issues.

Twice daily was fine for me, (every 12 hours) but lf dividing three times a day works for you--go for it.  (Three times daily may make it a tad easier to switch as I wrote it took me a few days to adjust to dividing my dose.)

I did A LOT of reading posts of others others on K, and for some reason lots of folks had some issues around .125-.150.  Know this too shall pass.  For me, it got better again and I was able to titrate down and jump. 

You are working hard, and you are close to the pay off.  I can tell you I am doing better now that I have been off a month, and I look forward to healing even more!

Take care,

itzsweird

Hi Bev,

Thanks again for your feedback.  Will let you know what I decide to do and how it's going.

NYClady

Hi Nicole,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me your advice and feedback.  I haven't made any changes yet, because when I spoke to my doc and mentioned that I was thinking of splitting my dose 3x's a day, he mentioned that I may have some rough mornings because my body is use to getting the .15 @7:00 am and I will only being taking .05.

Today wasn't as bad as yesterday; however, not that great either.  I am going to see how I feel tomorrow and if I continue feeling severe WDs I will make the change on Thursday or Friday.

I will definitely let you know how it goes.  Again thanks for your help...

Warmest regards,

NYCladty