Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

This is torture

[Lu...]

[Lu...]

Losing all my relationships due to this. Self destruction. Use to be strong now so weak. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

[kn...]

Take heart. The breakdown of social relationships and abandonment by supporters is a common complaint among all of us. The inability to go out, stay out late, drink alcohol, etc. can make me miserable.  It’s tough, if you can allow yourself to be at a vulnerable point in your life and have self compassion, you’ll begin to have a better outlook. It took me three years to achieve remission from prostate cancer.  Even now, the effects on intimacy, bladder control; you don’t want to know. When family, med providers, don’t want to hear it, you can always sign in here.  We’re all in this together.

• Like 3

[Br...]
2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Losing all my relationships due to this. Self destruction. Use to be strong now so weak. 

Withdrawal is very tough on our relationships.  It's pretty much impossible for others to understand what we're going through.  

You may feel weak but actually, it takes a lot of strength to go through withdrawal.  I believe you're stronger than you think.

You will feel like yourself again.  Remember, the way you feel now is not permanent.  Withdrawal symptoms are temporary.  With time you will heal and recover.  Each passing day brings you closer.

• Like 4

[Lu...]

It’s only been 5 weeks Ct and it feels like 6 months. Trying my best to stay the course but keep having bad thoughts and can’t focus on anything positive. 

[Cr...]
4 hours ago, [[L...] said:

It is the old weaker you that started going through withdrawal. The newer stronger you will be what comes out of recovery.

It is tough trials such as this that often make us into more resilient people. I never want to go through benzo withdrawal a second time, but I would never undo going through my first time because of how much it changed me for the better.

It's rough Luis, but you can do this.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
[Ca...]

Whatever makes you strong . . .

I don't know, I'm at 8yrs off and getting worse, weaker and more sensitive to stress. I think it can take a toll on you and leave you less resilient to certain triggers and stress. One thing good, at least for me is that this Benzo thing has been a humbling ordeal (or Soul-Crusher)!!

[Bu...]
On 07/07/2024 at 00:42, [[L...] said:

It’s only been 5 weeks Ct and it feels like 6 months. Trying my best to stay the course but keep having bad thoughts and can’t focus on anything positive. 

I’m at 8 weeks CT. I understand how you feel. I’m bedbound and can’t follow any of these suggestions but have you tried:

yoga, breathing exercises, meditation, walks in nature, singing , any creative hobbies? Lots of housework?

[Lu...]
On 29/07/2024 at 02:33, [[B...] said:

I’m at 8 weeks CT. I understand how you feel. I’m bedbound and can’t follow any of these suggestions but have you tried:

yoga, breathing exercises, meditation, walks in nature, singing , any creative hobbies? Lots of housework?

None of that works. I’m also in a process of a breakup. I cannot focus on anything but that.. I’ve dropped and continue to lose everything around me…. 

[Bu...]
5 hours ago, [[L...] said:

None of that works. I’m also in a process of a breakup. I cannot focus on anything but that.. I’ve dropped and continue to lose everything around me…. 

I completely understand . I often can’t quite believe what is happening to my body, mind and life. 

sorry you can’t do any of the positive stuff I suggested - I cant do it due to fatigue. Perhaps you can do some of it in time

are you able to go in a long walk ? 

[Lu...]

Don’t have the energy or the head as weak as that sounds to walk. All I want is to hide in a room that’s completely dark and try to sleep. Everything that was easy before seems very hard to do now. 

When I jumped I had already decided to give myself a year before worrying about anything. 

I new from from passed  experience I  was going to have a tough time.

Give yourself a period of time that "nothing else matters" . At least 6 months. 

The best thing that helps is distraction. Everyone is different but a few I used were solitaire games on the phone, tv, benzos buddies, and YouTube.

Distract distract distract.... patience.

Before you know it you'll start to feel better.

Good luck.

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1