Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Carnivore, Keto, and just plain low-carb discussion..

[or...]

Hi all,

This thread will be on my success eating a low-carb, almost zero carb nutrition, and how I totally believe it's helped me to taper off and begin recovery from benzos.

Be back shortly, but anyone is welcome to chime in!  I just can't say enough about how important nutrition, as well as exercise, has been in my journey to freedom from benzos.  That coupled with the many buddies who've taught be so much about how to taper slowly, encouraged me, and gave me the hope I have never lost, oregonlady ~ Denise PS @[Di...], @[jo...];)

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 2

I think the best thing about eating low carb, especially when I am having aches, pains, especially leg and foot cramps, migraine pain daily, has been helped by the lack of inflammatory foods.  It's my understanding that inflammation is the cause of many types of pain and aching.  I've even read things like this article, which says "all" pain is caused by inflammation:

From Pub Med

I believe I've proved it is true for me as I rarely touch inflammatory-type foods, or drink, and have so little actual pain, rarely.  I like the first link I added in the thread because my brain is a big concern :heybabe: but it has also improved significantly.

@[or...] I'm very intertested in what you share about low-carb ! I've been trying to eat healthy for months now. Organic as much as possible, raw or steamed vegetables, chicken and fish.

• Like 1

Just now, [[v...] said:

@[or...] I'm very intertested in what you share about low-carb ! I've been trying to eat healthy for months now. Organic as much as possible, raw or steamed vegetables, chicken and fish.

Sounds wonderful, good for you Voluntas.  One thing I wouldn't hesitate to do, is check out the carb content in vegetables.  Some folks I know still eat them, I no longer eat them, but many seem to do good still eating certain ones low in carbs.  I'll see if I can give you a chart of some type so you know, just in case ;) 

The only reason I hit the ground running was the T2 diagnosis, scared me bad.  But everyone is different with the low-carb approach, so what works for us individually, we get to choose ;) Here's a few, it's generally recommended to stay under 50 grams a day, but that's for the higher fats, protein, dairy Ketogenic where your body is building more ketones for your main energy source (fats) instead of carbs/sugars.

highcarbvegies.thumb.JPG.b6ff92ac5ae1e2147daa83d8831c5784.JPG

• Like 1