Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Most inspirational speech ever!!!

[...]

I was looking through some success stories, and there was someone around my age who posted this, and I think about this or watch the video on you tube when I'm getting beat down by all this....

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that! - Rocky Balboa

after I read it I downloaded the soundtrack to my phone because I know there is a little Rocky Balboa in all of us!

Reminds me of a quote I read somewhere:

"Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down; the question is: Will you get up?"

kd35, that was very inspirational indeed. My grandpa was a tough old cowboy and I remember him always saying he was "gonna die with his boots on".

I always remember him when i get down and I tell myself something else he used to say: Pull yourself up by your boot straps and just keep putting one foot in front of the other.