Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Does Cold Turkey damage your brain in the long run?

[Lu...]

Nope, not true, I took up to 10 mgs of Klonopin a day for 5 years and quit cold turkey.  I fully recovered in just over a year and I never had a setback, once I realized I was healed, that was it, I was.  

You're still very early in recovery and I know its miserable but healing is happening.  Can you do me a favor, can you track your symptoms and their severity?  I failed to do this so my poor sick brain kept telling me I wasn't recovering, but I was, even though I couldn't acknowledge it.  I've always regretted not keeping track but I'm hoping you will so you can see in black and white that you are indeed getting better. 

• Like 3

DVSVS.thumb.png.fc8ecf79f8a5d76dad1b9263950c5d08.png

This is not benzo WD. But the veterans who went through insomnia, anxiety, irritability and memory problem suggest that their brains were damaged.

Left : Normal brains

Right :  Brains of Navy Seal Soldiers who were exposed to blast waves.

Navy SEAL’s family pushes for recognition of brain injuries (navytimes.com)

It says the damages are not detected through MRI or PET-CT but after died,  they checked their brain cells and found out that their brain cells were serverely damaged. 

I'm not saying that it will be the same for benzo WD. But I'm not sure if my brain has not been damaged at all and I'm really scared.

I hope we fully heal.. but as time goes by... I'm getting more and more scared

Edited by [be...]

2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I hope not i did a ct 8 months ago. It surely felt like it back then but not now 

:)

are u working now? or r u still staying home?

Just now, [[b...] said:

are u working now? or r u still staying home?

I'm working from home. But have no problem meeting people!

10 hours ago, [[L...] said:

I’m reading that cold turkey causes long term damage? Is this true? 

did u manage to get some sleep?

1 hour ago, [[b...] said:

did u manage to get some sleep?

No sleep taking all these different pills and supplements and nothing consistent. Terrible. 

8 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

No sleep taking all these different pills and supplements and nothing consistent. Terrible. 

I say this often when seing buddy's having no sleep. THC from indica knocks me out. 

I wish I had used this before I got on the benzo train.

Can’t touch thc due to my job. My family is getting the worse part of this because I cannot focus on anything but this. I’m a mute and find no joy in anything no more and I destroying myself and everything around me. 

• Sad 1

This is actually THCH, a brother to THC and can't be tracked by tests. To my knowledge it's legal all over. Sweden is very strict. Though they started with medication containing it but not for insomnia yet.

I drive heavy machinery for a living. I wish I can. I already got into an accident and had to disclose me being in benzo’s at the time. They stated if I was on thc or anything with out a script I could lose my job 

2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Antihistamine didn't work for u? How can u sleep if u dont sleep?

I’ve tried hydoxine, Benadryl, melatonin, magnesium, unison, nothing maybe two hours at most. 

Edited by [Lu...]

1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

I’ve tried hydoxine, Benadryl, melatonin, magnesium, unison, nothing maybe two hours at most. 

That sucks man.

10 hours ago, [[b...] said:

DVSVS.thumb.png.fc8ecf79f8a5d76dad1b9263950c5d08.png

This is not benzo WD. But the veterans who went through insomnia, anxiety, irritability and memory problem suggest that their brains were damaged.

Left : Normal brains

Right :  Brains of Navy Seal Soldiers who were exposed to blast waves.

Navy SEAL’s family pushes for recognition of brain injuries (navytimes.com)

It says the damages are not detected through MRI or PET-CT but after died,  they checked their brain cells and found out that their brain cells were serverely damaged. 

I'm not saying that it will be the same for benzo WD. But I'm not sure if my brain has not been damaged at all and I'm really scared.

I hope we fully heal.. but as time goes by... I'm getting more and more scared

@[be...], you admit this isn't about benzodizepines, so what is your point?  Is it just to introduce even more fear into this thread?  We're here to lift each other up, not scour the internet for scary stories that have nothing to do with what the OP is asking about.  Please stop fanning the flames of fear, you're not doing yourself or anyone here any good.  

@[Pa...]

• Like 2
  • Love 4

@[Pa...] is correct. Your example is the same as posting about lobotomy patients never going back to normal. It is irrelevant. It is well known that physical brain damage does not heal easily and most often not at all. But that is damage from a totally different realm of physical trauma caused by sports, blunt force, or, in your case, extreme sound waves.

Benzo use can cause adaptations (downregulation) due to the prolonged presence of benzos. The absence of benzos will then cause upregulation to reach homeostasis but sometimes with slight changes to how receptors react with benzos or benzo-like substances. This is no where near the same situation of actual physical damage. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Diphenhydramine HCL 50mg can give you some fairly safe help with sleep in the short term. Over the counter, no prescription needed in the UK, I don't know about other jurisdictions. I used it in the early days of recovery and it helped a bit. 

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

@[be...], you admit this isn't about benzodizepines, so what is your point?  Is it just to introduce even more fear into this thread?  We're here to lift each other up, not scour the internet for scary stories that have nothing to do with what the OP is asking about.  Please stop fanning the flames of fear, you're not doing yourself or anyone here any good.  

@[Pa...]

Agree, please believe in neuroplasticity and healing 🙏 

46 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Diphenhydramine HCL 50mg can give you some fairly safe help with sleep in the short term. Over the counter, no prescription needed in the UK, I don't know about other jurisdictions. I used it in the early days of recovery and it helped a bit. 

I am prescribed phenergan, which is also similar and can be bought over counter if safe for you. It does help with sleep and is luckily non addictive.