Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need some supportive words pls

[...]

[Pa...]

Is there a reason you haven't started tapering yet, besides fear, pain, dread?  What a stupid question, right?  Who willingly wants to subject themselves to this nightmare?

But seriously, how can we help?

Fear, dread, lack of a supportive doctor. 

And an important legal work has come up for which I am required for another month atleast..it's important for my family.

Sxs are very unpleasant at times. Am feeling helpless. 

The work I have is stressful. My psychiatrist prescribed an antidepressant. Trying to avoid it since I already have all these myriad sxs from being floxxed.

Hi, @[...]! So sincerely sorry for all the things you're through due to benzo. It's not our fault and yet here we are. I'm always ready to support you, whenever i can.

What antidepressant have you been prescribed? Sure it's not the best idea to use them but for me, it was really a great help. I doubt i would have been able to come off benzo without mine. 

Sending you my hugs and understanding💖

• Like 1

Escitolapram or setralinine I think.

I'm in pain, chest, eyes,  hand feet left side numbness in parts.

Couldn't eat..left my lunch mid way 

I can't survive this

@[...], mine was another one. But we're all different. 

i know how it feels, kind of hopeless in the beginning but it's not. I hardly believed in success when started my taper. I did it just in case it could relieve my mysterious symptoms, at least a bit, and it worked. In fact the whole benzo tapering wasn't much worse than the time of tolerance. It was even easier in a way bc i knew what was going on and had hope for feeling better eventually. It happened. 

I also understand how frightening it is to make the first step. The next ones should be easier. Sending you my belief in you and your success!

• Like 2

[Ca...]

Ya never know, everyone is different. Some symptoms are more common than others but there's a range of symptoms that are less common. There's almost always someone to relate to. You might actually come through it relatively unscathed, or at least something manageable. I did a 30-day rapid-detox off Klonopin 6~8 mg /day. I really needed to quit that soul crushing poison!