Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Insomnia and tinnitus

[mo...]

[mo...]

They exacerbate each other thus making benzo wds worse to handle. Is unisom safe for occasional use. Tapering off K

[Po...]

Try a tinnitus masker or white noise at night to mask your tinnitus. Really helps mine. 

• Like 1

[mo...]

I do use white noise and fan at night.

I had both insomnia and tinnitus befor benzo use. Meds now withdrawals have put both symptoms on steroids.

Thankyou for your imput. I don't get alot when I make a post. I'm new and may not be using the site rite.

[Pa...]

@[mo...], was the Klonopin prescribed to treat the tinnitus and insomnia?  If so, it frustrates me when doctors do this, because the outcome is almost always worse. 

I've read members will use Unisom or Benadryl without too many problems, although some mention reaching tolerance fairly soon.

[mo...]

Yes and anxiety that had kicked when I started caretaking my dad. Med ramped up everything it was suppose to help within mths of starting them. Now withdrawals have made them worse then ever. Never took any meds other then thyroid meds and I'm 68. Furious with Dr I had for 23 years.

[An...]
21 hours ago, [[m...] said:

They exacerbate each other thus making benzo wds worse to handle. Is unisom safe for occasional use. Tapering off K

IMO, yes.

[Pa...]
2 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Yes and anxiety that had kicked when I started caretaking my dad. Med ramped up everything it was suppose to help within mths of starting them. Now withdrawals have made them worse then ever. Never took any meds other then thyroid meds and I'm 68. Furious with Dr I had for 23 years.

I'm so sorry to know this and understand why you're angry, I wish doctors understood how dangerous this medication is long term.