Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Rapid breathing?

Does anybody else feel that their breathing is very rapid and shallow 24/7? I have read that people experience episodes of it, like when in the throes of a panic attack, but I am talking about a more long lasting symptom. I feel this all day and night. It makes it severely uncomfortable to just do passive things like watch t.v., lay video games, etc. Even when I do progressive muscle relaxation exercises, my breathing is way out of the normal range. Wtf is going on?

Hi Ben

I can't say that is happening to me 24/7 but sometimes knows to last all day. It is like I simply can't relax. Then I do breathing exercise which helps me a lot but sometimes even after that my breathing is difficult. And then I accept that. I know nothing will happened. It is irritating but if you can't help, much worse is if you worry. For me it is happening in episodes but I am sure it will past.

Marija