Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Here's a Weird One: No Tears

Hey--

This is different stuff than the post I just made a minute ago.

During two C/Ts and this one taper, I have NEVER had crying spells. Permutations of anxiety and anger (at the anxiety) were about all I felt. I know that rebound emotions are stronger than the originals, but the absence of tearfulness is puzzling--there is a lot to be sad about, namely the loss of a possibly productive life, plus the grief all of this has caused my family.

What's up? I vacillate between angry and somewhat dry. Being around groups of ppl who are familiar to me but not exactly friends causes some hostility mixed with something else, a no-name emotion. I'm vaguely depressed right now, but not so much that it calls for an MD's attention. No idea what is going on.

Again, thnak you.

Hi there, I could not cry at all, not one tear, for several months after off meds. I had reasons to cry too, lots of loss and regrets. I still hardly ever cry, it doesnt bring any relief or release for me. I think for me its has physiological and emotional roots. I felt very literally dry too. I always have been one to hold on tight to emotions like crying, did not want anyone to see me cry. My mom would try to make me cry, so I refused to. I hope it helps a little to know you are not the only one who doesnt cry. I hope your life gets better soon. I understand from your posts your in a tough position.

I, too, could not shed a tear.  Actually, I was too afraid to cry......figured I would never stop.  But, anyway, it has only been the last month that I was able to cry and it has been almost 3 years.

Patty  xo

Hey--

This is different stuff than the post I just made a minute ago.

During two C/Ts and this one taper, I have NEVER had crying spells. Permutations of anxiety and anger (at the anxiety) were about all I felt. I know that rebound emotions are stronger than the originals, but the absence of tearfulness is puzzling--there is a lot to be sad about, namely the loss of a possibly productive life, plus the grief all of this has caused my family.

What's up? I vacillate between angry and somewhat dry. Being around groups of ppl who are familiar to me but not exactly friends causes some hostility mixed with something else, a no-name emotion. I'm vaguely depressed right now, but not so much that it calls for an MD's attention. No idea what is going on.

Again, thnak you.

Do not worry about not crying right now.. When it happens it will come out.. You cannnot force it... I am thinking of you now and hope you feel better soon.. I am the opposite of you.... I cannot stop crying.. We are all differenct.. This too shall pass.

Stay strong.. God is with you.. I am too.

Luv, Mishi

[21...]

This is where I differ.

I can cry very easily.

When I was on Klonopin, I could as well.

Hang in there!

S#

Thanks, guys--

Here's a weirdie for today: at night, after I take trazadone, I'm sort of overwhelmed with sinus problems and, for the lack of a better expression, leaky eyes. Do not think it's allergens, but rather an idiosyncratic response to the traz. I couldn't sleep without it, so I must take it, given my situation. And I do cry a bit.

I suspect that it will, as you said, all come out. Hope that will be a private thing. I'm a messy weeper.

Love to all of you. I mean that. I write out my prayer list as my days go on, but you Buddies are all in my thoughts as I lay down.

julia