Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Buggin'--a couple of panics and some zaps/turkey sx at 0.25 K

Hi Any and All--

I took Mark's advice and didn't jump from 0.25 KLonopin to nothing--that would have been a bad deal indeed. Thought I was stable at 0.25; thought wrong. Within the last two weeks have had one big panic attack (small, hot room filled w/ 40+ people; had to leave) and some neck/head/arm zaps when contemplating talking to someone who now makes me nervous. (Was talking to this man after an AA meeting, and when it dawned on me that I was attracted to him, I grew silent and have remained so, exiting quickly, for three days. Not good.)

I know what AA hard-liners say--no 'entanglements' until the rather arbitrary figure of 1 year sober. I am close, if you're talking just numbers. Otherwise, not so much. Have always been comprehensively extra-shy, and now that I am coming OFF the benzos, having jettisoned almost everything else, I feel like the overweight bookworm I was in seventh grade. I know--lay off the man issue, and maybe the zaps will cease. HOWEVER,  dating is a part of life I never exactly mastered, and I'd go on and talk to this dude were the zaps not such a problem.

They have occurred in other settings, those in which I have tried to maintain eye contact w/ someone who was speaking to me. I immediately grew concerned if their effect was visible to the onlooker. No feedabck on that, but having them was a jolt. After about two weeks, thought they'd be done with by now. Insight v much appreciated. Thanx, jd