Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Day 50 tomorrow!!

[Al...]

I'm so proud of myself.  In spite of a stressful week at work and an altercation with a crazy neighbor lady of mine, I've overcome not only benzos, but also smoking cigarettes as well!  I'm on my way to the top!

• Like 5
  • Love 4

[Mu...]

Good for you buddy. Hang in there and fight like crazy. You’re tuffer than Mr Benzo. Remember that doubt and fear are our biggest enemy. Don’t forget to treat yourself. music60

• Like 3

15 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I'm so proud of myself.  In spite of a stressful week at work and an altercation with a crazy neighbor lady of mine, I've overcome not only benzos, but also smoking cigarettes as well!  I'm on my way to the top!

Good for you for being so strong. I agree treat yourself good you have done a monumental feat. 

• Like 1

Quit smoking at the same time?! Wow that's impressive! I quit about 5+ years ago, so I know how tough it is! Hats off to you! Well done 💯👑

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Quit smoking at the same time?! Wow that's impressive! I quit about 5+ years ago, so I know how tough it is! Hats off to you! Well done 💯👑

I quit smoking a few weeks ago I been working at it for the past year and then I relapsed on the vape for 3 days last weekend and I stopped Monday night.  I had a hell of a stressful week, too, more than just a coincidence or the extra weight of quitting would normally put on me.  In other words, it would be overwhelming even with the nicotine.  But I didn't smoke or vape.  I was tempted to take a benzo today, but ultimately said no and didn't do it.  My mom is holding my leftover benzos, so I don't have immediate access to them.  She takes the same benzo.  I'm so glad I don't ask her for any.  I told myself today that my brain has neuroplasticity and if I can just sit with this stress and the anxiety from that stress that my brain will rewire itself to get used to it whenever it comes up!  Same strategy helped me quit amphetamines for over 2 years now!

14 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I quit smoking a few weeks ago I been working at it for the past year and then I relapsed on the vape for 3 days last weekend and I stopped Monday night.  I had a hell of a stressful week, too, more than just a coincidence or the extra weight of quitting would normally put on me.  In other words, it would be overwhelming even with the nicotine.  But I didn't smoke or vape.  I was tempted to take a benzo today, but ultimately said no and didn't do it.  My mom is holding my leftover benzos, so I don't have immediate access to them.  She takes the same benzo.  I'm so glad I don't ask her for any.  I told myself today that my brain has neuroplasticity and if I can just sit with this stress and the anxiety from that stress that my brain will rewire itself to get used to it whenever it comes up!  Same strategy helped me quit amphetamines for over 2 years now!

You seem to be doing well. Please dont take a benzo. Flush them.

13 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

You seem to be doing well. Please dont take a benzo. Flush them.

My mom takes the same ones I do, so when I gave her my remaining ones, it's the same whether I flush them or not, b/c ultimately I have the power to ask her for them.  So I'm very happy that I haven't been asking her for them.  Like I said, even with seemingly high levels of anxiety, I can train my brain to learn to deal with it without the benzos b/c of neuroplasticity.

And thank you I appreciate it!

• Like 1

On 14/06/2024 at 17:11, [[A...] said:

@[Al...], you may want to start one thread that you continually update when you revisit the site rather than starting a new thread for each daily milestone. That will make it easier for new members that want to follow your progress to read your past updates :thumbsup:

Rather than being on several scattered topics, it will become an easy to follow chronicle of your post-benzo recovery.

Congrats on day 50! We need posts like yours on this site to remind people still tapering or just coming off that the chance exists for quick recoveries.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 1

@[Al...] Hey!! You are day 50 now :classic_biggrin: I hope you had a good bike ride.

I am near day 19. I think I was able to laugh and smile around day 12. I remember only getting 1-2 hours of sleep for three days straight, almost going insane during those three days. Now I get 7 hours and sometimes I am able to nap 30min.

I would love to see a thread since I am a new member and you are ahead of me.  Cigs and benzos - you are a hero :clap: I feel like I can relate to everything you have posted here, but not yet quite there. Cigs will be my next step maybe once I hit day 21. I try to smoke like 4 or 5 a day and default to the vape.

Thank you for sharing Alex and congrats:balloon:

Edited by [Js...]
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

@[Al...], you may want to start one thread that you continually update when you revisit the site rather than starting a new thread for each daily milestone. That will make it easier for new members that want to follow your progress to read your past updates :thumbsup:

Rather than being on several scattered topics, it will become an easy to follow chronicle of your post-benzo recovery.

Congrats on day 50! We need posts like yours on this site to remind people still tapering or just coming off that the chance exists for quick recoveries.

Yup I'm going to start doing that.  I'll keep going on this topic for the next cpl weeks!

• Love 1

59 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

@[Al...] Hey!! You are day 50 now :classic_biggrin: I hope you had a good bike ride.

I am near day 19. I think I was able to laugh and smile around day 12. I remember only getting 1-2 hours of sleep for three days straight, almost going insane during those three days. Now I get 7 hours and sometimes I am able to nap 30min.

I would love to see a thread since I am a new member and you are ahead of me.  Cigs and benzos - you are a hero :clap: I feel like I can relate to everything you have posted here, but not yet quite there. Cigs will be my next step maybe once I hit day 21. I try to smoke like 4 or 5 a day and default to the vape.

Thank you for sharing Alex and congrats:balloon:

Cool beans best of luck to you!  Yes it was a good bike ride lol.  You're doing great!