Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I'm the new girl

[ja...]

but benzos are old hat.  Klonopin for PTSD 15 years, wanted off after the first five but doc declined.  I was scared to do it alone, but God happened in post-quake port-au-prince when I dropped my bottle of pills in a puddle first night.  Off cold turkey since May 2010, happy but struggling with side-effects of withdrawal.  Thanks for having me...

Hello janabanana, welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Congratulations on being benzo free!  :thumbsup:

What dose of klonopin did you cold turkey from and what symptoms are you currently experiencing?

I can't imagine dealing with cold turkey symptoms in the immediate aftermath of an earthquake, you must truly have a strong constitution.  We are glad to have you aboard and will help support you through the rest of your healing.

Crono

I'm not sure this is where I'm supposed to be.  Main symptom?  Confusion....perpetually dazed and confused.  Most bothersome symptom?  Slurred speech.  My dose?  two itty bitty pills a day .5mg? me thinks - but see above :)

I worked in haiti for ten years before cold turkey, was more functional with the chaos on the ground there than the chaos in my head now. 

Hi and welcome to BenzoBuddies, janabanana.

You cold turkeyed off a significant amount of Klonopin (equivalent to about 20mg Valium) so I guess it isn't unusual for you to still have symptoms this far out.  However, I feel compelled to ask people if they've been checked out medically for other possible causes of their symptoms.  We had a member whose thyroid function was off and mimiced benzo w/d; once she was on the right dose of thyroid medication, her symptoms cleared.  Slurred speech has me concerned.  :-\

Hello and welcoming you to BB Janabanana. I am sorry to hear you had to cold turkey off the benzo and from a high amount. I know that must have been very rough. I am also sorry to hear you are still having symptoms. So if I understand correctly you have been off 14 months? We have other members that still have symptoms at that point, so do not feel alone, I know it is tough. Average healing time is within 6-18 months, so you are still within that time frame. Some people take less time and others take more time, we all heal at our own pace. It never hurts to be checked out by a Dr just to make sure nothing else is going on as well and to check your overall health. Hang in there, let us know how we can continue to help and what questions you may have.