Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Question on Dosing Schedule

Hi All,

My wife has been trying to help me set up a schedule to stabilize my dose before starting the taper.  I understand that I need to take the same dose each day and at the same time.  I've been having a lot of trouble keeping my sleeping hours straight, which messes up the time I take the lorazepam.  For example, if I can't get to sleep until 4:00 AM, and I took my evening dose at 10:00 PM, should I wake up at 7:00 AM to take the first dose of the day since I want to follow a dosing schedule?  My sleep cycle keeps getting messed up.  I'm not working right now.

I hope I'm not confusing anyone.  Let me know if I need to explain it better.

Paul

I find that if I dont dose at the same time (or close, within 30 minutes) my anxiety picks up. I have no problem sticking to my schedule because my daughter is up at 8am on the dot every single morning so that's when I take my first dose. Then  I have 3 more doses, 4 hours apart. It is good to stay to a schedule so if your having a hard time waking up because you cant sleep take your first dose at the time you normally wake up. I know it's hard sometimes but eventually you get used to it and it;s second nature.

Amanda