Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzo wise Dr note

[En...]

I wanted to share with you what I received from my insurance manager with regards to benzo tapering. This is the difference between a benzo wise Dr and my non benzo wise Dr.

On a related note, you may remember me saying a while ago that I had your file “in line” to be reviewed by a psychiatrist medical consultant. It was essentially to ask her if there is anything else that we should be doing, and whether her opinions aligned with your Dr and that earlier psychiatrist you talked with. That just came back last week. Some key points:

• She feels treatment is optimized for now, and it’s just a matter of time. She said if sleep continues to be an issue and nozinan is not working, Dr. (the first psychiatrist) recommendation of using quetiapine or trazodone are good options.
  • In terms of therapy when the time comes, she said it depends on your preference, but she recommended cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, or interpersonal therapy. I can help you connect to one of these practitioners down the road, even if you’ve already begun a return to work. It would help set you up for long-term success.
  • She agreed that the duration of treatment is highly variable, like you’ve already found out, and commented that the last decreases are more difficult and tend to be spaced out more (2-4 weeks vs 1-2). However, this is as-tolerated: there’s no risk of harm from doing it faster, it’s whatever seems to work.
  • She felt a gradual return to work could be started within 2-4 weeks of stopping clonazepam.
  • She felt that fluoxetine was an important part of treatment here.

Edited by [En...]
  • Like 1

[jo...]
2 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I wanted to share with you what I received from my insurance manager with regards to benzo tapering. This is the difference between a benzo wise Dr and my non benzo wise Dr.

On a related note, you may remember me saying a while ago that I had your file “in line” to be reviewed by a psychiatrist medical consultant. It was essentially to ask her if there is anything else that we should be doing, and whether her opinions aligned with Dr. Woo and that earlier psychiatrist you talked with. That just came back last week. Some key points:

• She feels treatment is optimized for now, and it’s just a matter of time. She said if sleep continues to be an issue and nozinan is not working, Dr. (the first psychiatrist) recommendation of using quetiapine or trazodone are good options.
  • In terms of therapy when the time comes, she said it depends on your preference, but she recommended cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, or interpersonal therapy. I can help you connect to one of these practitioners down the road, even if you’ve already begun a return to work. It would help set you up for long-term success.
  • She agreed that the duration of treatment is highly variable, like you’ve already found out, and commented that the last decreases are more difficult and tend to be spaced out more (2-4 weeks vs 1-2). However, this is as-tolerated: there’s no risk of harm from doing it faster, it’s whatever seems to work.
  • She felt a gradual return to work could be started within 2-4 weeks of stopping clonazepam.
  • She felt that fluoxetine was an important part of treatment here.

2-4 weeks! It's actually scary how little doctors know about this. I have little if any faith in them.

[En...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

2-4 weeks! It's actually scary how little doctors know about this. I have little if any faith in them.

Dr's do not know much about this stuff. I find this site is a much better resource and trustworthy. 

It is a better response than my Dr had to just CT 0.25mg clonazepam. 

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[E...] said:

Dr's do not know much about this stuff. I find this site is a much better resource and trustworthy. 

It is a better response than my Dr had to just CT 0.25mg clonazepam. 

Crazy. Back to work in a couple of weeks? I mean I really hope so, and I guess it is possible with a really successful taper, but they dont seem to know much about what can happen when people stop this stuff.

[Le...]

many people would be ok then. imo the ones who used for a shorter time and overall health hasnt declined much but who knows. 

i have heard so many people who got through acute then were diagnosed with something instead of recognizing the long term harms.  

[jo...]

Yeah I'm probably just going by my own experience as someone who didn't taper. I guess a lot of people might be ok by then.

[Ja...]

It would be a nice thought to return to work so soon if the healing came fast,.here’s hopping bud

• Like 2